【朝花夕拾】5 --來自日常對話

本文內容已被 [ sportwoman ] 在 2012-05-19 05:53:39 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

1) It slips my mind 我把什麽事忘了。直什麽事從我袋中偷偷溜走了” 不過不要畫蛇添足在 slips 後加個 “from”。 例句: It is a little bit embarrassing that his name slipped my mind. 有點尷尬的是我把他名字給忘了。  

2) 你知道我說什麽吧?  You get my drift? You get my idea? 都是 you know what I am saying? 的意思。

You know what I am saying---黑人常說的。

3)I heard 2 gunshots last night; it was someone illegally jacking deer.

jacking deer-- hunting deer at night 

4)Built---體形(n) The physical makeup of a person or thing; physique: an athletic build

Look over there, the stocky young fellow, built like a wrestler, my brother, the young lady built like a fitness model, my sister. 看那邊,那個體形像個摔角手的矮壯小夥子,我弟弟,那個體形像個健身模特似的女孩,我妹妹。

The humidity has gone down a bit today, which makes me feel less sticky and clammy. The cool and dry  weather will make for a  great sleep. 

5)She He gets so wound up when he's arguing

Wound up這個短語指激動,興奮的意思的時候與excited一樣是常用語。原形: wind up  

例句: She got so wound up when she was talking about breaking up with her boyfriend. 

6)Whatever tickles/strikes your fancy.  意思-Whatever you like  怎樣都行。 例句: Just relax,  we can play it  by ear, do whatever tickle our fancy---放輕鬆,我們隨興而定,怎樣都行。  play it by ear---隨興而定Just go with the flow. Let things  happen without predicting or preparing for anything

7) Neighbourly things鄰裏間的事情

My neighbours help me get my lawn mowed and I help  them  walk their dogs, we get along very well and always do this kind of neighbourly things.(加拿大小城市的人都比較純樸,鄰裏間相互照顧)

8) stinker--(任何) 發出惡臭的人[東西],討厭的家夥[東西]

You little stinker 你這個討厭的家夥/小壞蛋, 輕鬆愉快的語氣。

He is a stinker 嚴肅厭惡的語氣表示厭惡。

所有跟帖: 

都是我親身體會親筆記錄,既然有老師喜歡我就繼續貼啦。 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (113 bytes) () 05/18/2012 postreply 17:10:45

不是老師也喜歡,請繼續貼。我記一點兒算一點兒。 -肖莊- 給 肖莊 發送悄悄話 肖莊 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/18/2012 postreply 21:56:32

最愛就是這些,生活記錄下的點滴才證明實用。改天我問BF哥要一些求饒時用的。 -bingli- 給 bingli 發送悄悄話 bingli 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/19/2012 postreply 19:55:29

謝謝! -大白樓- 給 大白樓 發送悄悄話 大白樓 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/29/2012 postreply 08:13:07

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!