Thank you,and here is my retionale.

來源: hammerheadshark 2012-05-13 18:29:12 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (18837 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ hammerheadshark ] 在 2012-05-14 22:20:54 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: A nice story! 禮尚往來,扔幾塊磚!NewVoice2012-05-13 14:06:24

1.       First year, in senior high school (During our first year of high school), è  There will be “Second year,” “Third year,” in the rest of story.  If the story was separated by conventional “during…”, it would removed poetic lustre of the story.  

2.       by sitting side by side (from sitting side by side, just don’t like two “by”s so close to each other)  è If use “from”, that would change the story, because “they” took a break from the game, not from sitting. 

3.       Our relation of the time (our relationship at that time) è Relation can be used both on people and things. Relationship is rarer now, it is a terrible tongue twister. I don’t see the benefits of “at that time” over “of the time”.  You have to convince me on this one.

4.       boy friend (boyfriend) è Yes, should be boyfriend

5.       repeating the feeling (“repeating the feeling” sounds a little bit strange to me, l like the recurring feeling better) è Using “repeat” indicates the feeling was not real – you have to fake it and then, “I” started to believe “my” own creation; however, feeling could “occur” and “recur” on its own, without “my” control, which does not quite fit here.

6.       Out of many her (her many) other attractions è still awkward, better delete “her” altogether.

7.       a young man of (an) ethnic minority è I don’t think “an” should be there, immediately after “of”.  

8.       floating (slipping) è You have to gave me a reason to change that. My rationale is that “floating” is more visual.  “I” was pretending horse trotting.  Imagine a light foam horse head jumps up and down with my moves.  “Slipping” just doesn’t have that comical effect.

9.       hat (had)  è Yes, typo identified.

10.   which (that, or which,)  è “which” and “that” are interchange in this case.  If you want to use a comma, it should be inserted before “which”, not after.  Depending on writing style, you may decide to give the readers a “pause” or not, and in many cases, "which" does not necessarily couples with a comma. 

11.     it to (onto) è Both are fine, no ambiguity would arise from using either of them.  I would like to hear your reason on prefer “onto” to “to.

12.     words, (delete “,”)  è You are right, this comma is not necessary.

13.     couldn’t help talking (couldn’t help but talking), è You have to give me a reason why you want a change.

所有跟帖: 

Counter-defense, haha... -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 NewVoice 的博客首頁 (4535 bytes) () 05/14/2012 postreply 04:12:26

I don't mind -hammerheadshark- 給 hammerheadshark 發送悄悄話 (5114 bytes) () 05/14/2012 postreply 16:15:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”