Seriously, if you drive to Canada to see me

來源: sportwoman 2012-04-11 17:53:16 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2206 bytes)
回答: Translation: Horus L. KaiLucidus2012-04-11 07:32:30

Seriously, if you drive to Canada to see me, are you going to use a GPS?  They say technology is a good thing when it works. I am not sure if you would agree with this saying.

Last year I and my friends had a trip to Calgary, a prairie city in the west of Canada for pleasure.  A surprise waited for us upon our arrival. We rented a car at an airport car rental company.  On the way going to the hotel we reserved, everything seemed fine, perfect weather, nice people, but the thing was, the GPS equipped in the car did not know that a marathon running was going on in that city, and quite a few roads in the downtown areas were blocked in order to give the convenience to that activity.  We tried  to find our way to our destination, but we could not make it there because we were not able to follow the instructions given by the GPS . So we were freaking out when the machine kept saying the same thing. Feeling like in the middle of nowhere, we decided to shut that stupid GPS up and started to use our smart sense of direction and the city map to find our destination. Haha! That was the first time we used GPS.

所有跟帖: 

What an interesting story! -Lucidus- 給 Lucidus 發送悄悄話 Lucidus 的博客首頁 (17871 bytes) () 04/11/2012 postreply 18:03:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”