All I did was to read along with VOA Special English.

來源: hammerheadshark 2012-04-04 18:51:47 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2599 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ hammerheadshark ] 在 2012-04-05 05:50:53 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

It took me a long time to get where I am today. But I still couldn’t sound many words right. It is a long journey since I have been fixing my accent word by word.  Right now, I am still doing it, spending roughly half hour per day on reading.  When I read, I choose all kinds of topics: science, economics, politics and fiction. 

The most important thing is to listen to rare words on radio, TV, audio books.  For instance, how many people can pronounce “silhouette” or “superfluous”?  For a long time, I have pronounced them in a wrong way without knowing it.  I guess no native speakers would understand what I was trying to say, and most of time, they would nod politely, even if they did not understand me.  Then I learned to read their facial clues to determine if they got my meaning. 

I am far from the level I want myself to be at.  By visiting this website, I am hoping we could help each other out by torture.  Your bricks are cottons to me. I hope, next time, you use a sledgehammer on me. 

There is someone who is really good at pronunciation and I got some tips from her.  I find only one of her sound clips in this forum and she never joins in the talks here.  I would like to thank her if she can read this post.  Actually, I followed her here from another English learning forum.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”