great article, so insightful! i love it.

來源: askerfor 2012-03-10 21:24:51 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (7674 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ askerfor ] 在 2012-03-11 09:09:52 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: Looking for the second part小源2012-03-10 07:32:55

I tried to translate the second half of your article. Hopefully I did not misunderstand your nice work:))

如果你認同這個道理,就再進一步想想找出另一半的意義何在。

作為普通人,上述兩種情況的微妙差別無大礙,可能隻是生活中為人處世的 小事情,但作為決策人就可能會影響多數人。若自身標準低,再依照這條哲理來製定管理他人的規則,就看不見決策的智慧。比如,在公共場合禁煙的問題,如果決 策人有煙癮自己不喜歡被限製,再用上己所不欲,勿施於人,就難以製定出合理合情的規則,除非自己意識到了這一點,不斷反思,提高認知,接近真理。 再舉一例,幾乎每個人都不喜歡被人監督,不希望增加透明度,那麽是否該用己所不欲,勿施於人來指導行為呢?如果無人監督,沒有透明度,就難以防範和杜絕錯誤的苗頭,所以應該是第二種態度更合理,即注意方式地去增加透明度和加強監督,即使你自己也不喜歡被人檢查。

本人的愚見是應將另一半合起來使用:己所不欲,勿施於人;己所欲之,慎施於人

注:”己所欲之,慎施於人”是本人胡思亂想的構詞,若有人使用過,純屬巧合

So move one step further to find out the importance of identifying the twin-value if you have agreed on this point of view.  

Being an ordinary people, it does not matter either of the twin-values is practiced, what the subtlety between the twin-values can affect, at most, is merely such small things as interpersonal relationship. However, big differences can be made if you are a decision-maker who happens to be a believer of the less positive value (e.g., the first of the twin-values). As such, no wisdom of decision-making would be observed in the devising of public management policies. Take the issue of “no smoking on public occasions” as an example. If the decision-maker is an addicted smoker who hates being restricted, no reasonable smoking rules can be generated by excuating the value (己所不欲,勿施於人”)unless the smoking decision-maker has been aware of the defect of the value, and meantime he is good at re-examining his conduct, and ready for improving his understanding until the truth is sought. Here is one more illustrating example: Few people like being monitored and wish for offering more transparency of their own. So should the value be applied to guide the social behaviors? Surely no! Since no monitoring, and therefore no transparency would create no chance of preventing and/or eliminating the emerging errors and mistakes. It is therefore more rational to take the second twin-value attitude. Namely, gaining more transparency and enhanced monitoring through smart approaches even if you, the decision-maker, too dislike being inspected.

The point of mine here is synthesizing the twin-values appropriately prior to using the value of 己所不欲,勿施於人”.

Note: 己所欲之,慎施於人” is a term conceived after a while of working with my wildly immature thoughts. It is just a coincidence in case the term has been used by someone else.

所有跟帖: 

很感激你專業水平的翻譯,向你學習~~ -小源- 給 小源 發送悄悄話 小源 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/11/2012 postreply 10:44:02

haha, 開我玩笑了!沒看到你文章寫的有多精彩? -askerfor- 給 askerfor 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/11/2012 postreply 15:07:04

Great! Mark now read later -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/11/2012 postreply 14:00:20

牛人!佩服 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/11/2012 postreply 14:17:35

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”