節日風情:Christmas chat 聊聊聖誕(音頻文字)

來源: 祤湫霖 2011-12-02 06:48:50 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (6868 bytes)
節日風情:Christmas chat 聊聊聖誕(音頻文字) ZT

The script of this programme 本節目台詞

Christmas music

Rob: Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. Hello I am Rob, welcome to the Christmas special from BBC Learning English.

Helen: Hold on Rob. It's only November. Aren't you getting ahead of yourself? 這才幾月份兒? 聖誕節還沒到呢?

Rob: Well, maybe you are not feeling festive yet, but look around the streets of London. It's looking Christmassy already.

I was thinking about Christmas in June, that early? Yeah, I love Christmas.

London shopper

Helen: 這倒也是。現在倫敦已經充滿了聖誕節的氣氛,商店裏的櫥窗都掛上了閃爍的小燈串,還有雪花裝飾。

Rob: It seems that Christmas is starting earlier and earlier every year.

Helen: 商場可是早早的就把聖誕裝飾擺出來了,可是對人們來說什麽時候比較適合準備聖誕呢?

Not until, preferably first of December, but not till after bonfire night.

Probably around Halloween I'd say.

I think beginning of December.

Usually about the 2nd or 3rd of December.

I was thinking about Christmas in June, that early? Yeah, I love Christmas.

Rob: Do you know when Bonfire night and Halloween is?

Helen: Bonfire night, 這是英國的煙花節,在11月5號.

Rob: And Halloween that's on the 31st of October. That's two months before Christmas.

Helen: 很多人是在12月初開始準備過聖誕節的。

Rob: We did have one young man who loved Christmas SO much, he started thinking about Christmas back in June.

Helen: June 六月份,提前6個月準備,真的是很早。不過真的有商店在6月份就開設了聖誕專櫃。

Rob: I have to say that's WAY too early for me. What about you? When do you start Christmas plan?

I have been very lucky, I have never had a bad Christmas, they were all with family.

London shopper

Helen: Not till the last minute to be honest. 我是屬於那種臨時抱佛腳的人,肯定等到最後一刻再準備。And you?

Rob: Usually about the start of December, then I start to feel a bit festive. We also asked people what's their best Christmas.

Helen: 人們記憶中最美好的聖誕節是怎樣的呢?你知道說一個人 alive and kicking 是什麽意思嗎?

My best Christmas was probably when I was a child, when I really believed in father Christmas, because he's still alive and still kicking.

Helen: 這位女士說她記憶中最美好的聖誕節是她小的時候,那時她還相信聖誕老人的存在。Alive 活著, kicking 踢腿,這兩個詞加在一起就是一個固定短語,形容誰還活著,而且精神飽滿。

I have been very lucky, I have never had a bad Christmas, they were all with family.

I just love every Christmas where I am with my family and friends really. So every Christmas is different and just as good.

Rob: A good Christmas is really about being with your family and friends.

Helen: 是的,聖誕節是家庭團聚的時刻。幾乎所有人都說最美好的聖誕時光是和家人一起度過的。

My best Christmas I would say was, when I was a child I suppose. When you believe in the Christmas spirit. It's much more fun, and the family makes an effort.

Rob: Well, I believed in Santa when I was little too, and I hope my children will appreciate all the presents from Santa this year.

My worst Christmas was probably when my house was flooded. So we had to make do with that Christmas, but we still made it fun.

London shopper

Helen: 那麽人們記憶中有沒有最差的聖誕節呢?

My worst Christmas was probably when my house was flooded. So we had to make do with that Christmas, but we still made it fun.

And my worst Christmas is when I had pneumonia, I was very ill, so that was my worst Christmas.

When you lose a member of the family, it's very hard to celebrate, however we tried to keep the spirit up in their memory.

The worst Christmas was probably when I had to go to work, and I was in Johanne*****urg for Christmas.

Rob: It seems that even when things go wrong during the festival period, people will try to keep up with the holiday spirit.

Helen: 我們聽到了有人在聖誕節期間家被水淹了, her house was flooded. 還有人生病臥床不起,得了肺炎 pneumonia. Poor thing!

Rob: Another man lost a member of his family and that made it very hard for them to celebrate Christmas.

Helen: 如果你家人去世了,這是最令人傷感的事情。不過這位先生雖然經曆了這樣的打擊,他們全家也盡力慶祝聖誕節,懷念他們的親人。

Rob: So Helen, what's your most memorable Christmas then?

Helen: 我記憶中最突出的一個聖誕節是16歲那年,我一個人在家。早中晚餐都是水果蛋糕,然後看了3天3夜的電視,也沒有人來管我。I had complete freedom.

Rob: Sounds good. Would you repeat it again?

Helen: Probably never again. This year I shall spend it with my family.

Rob: Well, that sounds good, but there's plenty to organise, so don't leave it too late this year.

Helen: I'll try to be organised. 謝謝收聽,我們下次節目再見。

Rob: Bye.

Helen: Bye.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you :-). I love the british accent -同學小薇- 給 同學小薇 發送悄悄話 同學小薇 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2011 postreply 06:55:31

Happy holidays. -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2011 postreply 06:56:52

Information on time, Thanks! -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2011 postreply 08:25:15

Have a wonderful Christams season. -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2011 postreply 08:41:07

Cool~~ -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2011 postreply 13:54:23

Have a nice evening. -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2011 postreply 19:04:31

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”