日常美語:Bargain(3)(音頻文字)

來源: 斯葭 2011-10-28 11:19:44 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3052 bytes)

日常美語:Bargain(3)(音頻文字) ZT

Gina帶美國老板Jason去購物,Jason讓Gina教他砍價。

Jason: What about walking away? Some friends back home told me if I don't like the price, just walk away and the vendor will run out and give me their best price.

G: (Chuckle) Oh...the vendors know that tactic as well! The shopkeeper will only chase you if they are 99.9 percent sure you'll buy something. They have a knack of knowing who is serious and who isn't.

J: So, what's our first purchase of the day going to be?

Jason問,如果覺得賣主是在宰自己,轉身就走這招管不管用。Gina說, 這種策略賣主早就知道,tactic is spelled t-a-c-t-i-c, tactic, 是策略的意思,賣主隻有在覺得你99.9%會在他那買東西的情況下才會追出來,而且他們一眼就能看出誰是真心要買,knack is spelled k-n-a-c-k, knack, have a knack of doing something, 是十分擅長做某事的意思。他們今天先要去買什麽呢?

G: I think we should start with some silk items. First, I'll make sure it's the genuine article and not a fake. Then we'll start bargaining.

J: Can I pay with a credit card?

G: In an established store, sure. But when we go into the area with lots of little stalls, they generally only take cash. Also when they see cash in your hand...prices do come down a bit more.

Gina建議去買絲綢製品,她要先確認產品是真貨,不是fake,假貨,然後開始砍價。Gina還說,在established store正規的大商店裏,Jason,可以用信用卡付費,pay with a credit card, 但在小店裏,就要用現金了,而且賣方看到你手裏拿著現金,the prices do come down a bit more,價格能降得更低些。

J: We have an expression in English: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

G: Oh...I think I get it. That means it's better to have something tangible, even if it's not as exciting as other possibilities.

J: That's right. You know something, Gina? I think I like China's way of doing business. It's a little wild, but it's a challenge and much more interesting than shopping back home.

G: Ah...there's the store. Now let's get down to business.

英語裏有種說法叫a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush,一鳥在手勝過兩鳥在林,意思是現在已經有的,要比追求更多而失去一切強。

Jason說,他覺得中國人討價還價的購物方式比明碼標價更有意思,更具挑戰性。正說著,商店到了,Gina說,let's get down to business. 開始了,意思是咱們開始殺價吧。

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”