跟你這麽好,不再給點磚不過癮。

來源: 非文學青年 2011-10-20 22:28:02 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5759 bytes)

I was very lucky to be elected(elected or selected? did you vote? if there was no voting, I would use "select" instead) from my group to join a conference hosted by our company headquarter last week.  
     After getting my badge,I went into the ballroom for lunch, where around a couple of hundreds (a couple of已經是個大約數,不需要around) people were sitting. Seeing a table with fewer people in the center of the room,"May I sit here?" I asked.(I would suggest putting I asked right after "the room, ")  "Of course!"  Everybody around the table shook his or her hand with me (shook hands with me)and introduced each other(你這樣說感覺你沒有介紹自己,either "introduced himself/herself to me" or "We introduced each other"). Suddenly, I realized that all of them were kind of(a little weird, but understood. could say "at the director level or above", maybe?) directors in our company. As I did not think it would be polite or wise to leave the table, so(as 和 so覺得不要兩個都出現) I said," Wow, I am sitting at the leaders' table!"  Everybody laughed and we started chatting friendly.  
     The director, who sat next to me coming from Connecticut,(病句) found my picture in the brochure of attendees and exclaimed, "Oh, your picture looks better than mine!"   Then I asked him to show me his picture, and I said "Wow, you look much better than your picture!"    Everybody at the table laughed out loudly.   
    "How come that picture was there?"(I think you mean to ask: Why did they choose this picture of yours to put in the brochure? not very clear) I kept asking.     
    "Well, " he said, "my wife chose this picture and it was not under my control."   
    "hahaha......" everybody laughed again.

In the afternoon, we had a meeting where (better use: during which)the CEO started asking our opinions regarding our specialty. I raised my hand,(and )answered with my strong Chinese accent though,  "A @@@@@ is a “driver” who makes the @@@@ run and …..” (For privacy, omitted….words)   
     The CEO was so satisfied with my answer with (of) “driver”  that thereafter whenever he talked about any concept in my specialty on (not sure if on is good here, maybe about is better?) "driver", he always pointed at me (even though I changed my dress everyday) among the 200 people (East Asian less than 5%) in the ballroom.  I remembered on the third day of (add: the )meeting, when I was chatting with Wenqing on my cell phone about the game (space survival exercise) I posted on MYSJ,  CEO mentioned  this concept again.  Of course, at that time, I did not pay (better use "wasn't paying") much attention to his lecture.  When another attendee besides me patted my back to remind me,I lifted my head and noticed both the CEO and president were pointing at me.
      During the afternoon break,  when I was picking up an ice-cream, the president in our company happened to stand right next to me. He said, "En, low-calorie ice cream."   Wondering what my answer was?    I did not know how come I was so brave(maybe I feeded (I actually don't like the use of "feed", you can ask a native speaker for a better word here) the forum MYSJ too much?)and said," I do not care about calories." 
      "Oh, you do not need to care."(不知道當時CEO是不是這樣說的,我覺得care去掉更地道) Both of us laughed. 

The above was my personal experience last week. A lady, with (add a?)strong Chinese accent, with(我的話,會把這個和後麵那個with去掉) enthusiasm to her career, with increasing communication skills through feeding the forum MYSJ daily, is more and more confident in front of all kinds of people, no matter who they are, the CEO, president, directors....(不是很順, no matter they are the CEO, the present or the directors, maybe? )

P.S.   My sincere suggestion,  "Do you want to improve your communication skills? Please come to the forum MYSJ and keep feeding it everyday!"

所有跟帖: 

Wow,文班終於出手了!都是鑽石磚!太太太感謝了!我現在就改! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2011 postreply 22:37:46

哦,還有一個磚,有一個CEO前麵沒加the, -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2011 postreply 22:50:49

謝謝,現在加上了。後麵兩個with我想保留,是為了像平行結構,可行否? -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/20/2011 postreply 23:16:04

可以。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (41 bytes) () 10/21/2011 postreply 08:28:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”