回複:【寫作練習】My personal experience.(超級顯擺貼,不喜勿入)

來源: rockcurrent 2011-10-19 10:29:59 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3829 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ rockcurrent ] 在 2011-10-19 22:01:47 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

I was very lucky to be elected from my group to join a conference hosted by our general company last week.  
        After getting my badge, I went into the ballroom for lunch, where around a couple of hundreds people were sitting. Seeing a table with less people in the center of the room,"May I sit here?" I asked. "Of course!"  Everybody around the table shook her/his hand with me and introduced each other. Suddenly, I realized that all of them were kind of directors in our company. As I did not think it would be polite or wise to leave the table, so I said," Wow, I am sitting at the leaders' table!"  Everybody laughed and we started chatting friendly. 
       The director, who sat next to me came from Connecticut, found my picture in the brochure of attendees and exclaimed, "Oh, your picture looks better than mine!"  Then I asked him to show me his picture, and I said "Wow, you look much better than your picture!"    Everybody at the table laughed out loudly .   
    "How come that pictue was there?" I kept asking.     
    "Well, " he said, "my wife found this picture and it was not under my control."   
    "hahaha......" everybody laughed again.

In the afternoon, we had a meeting where the CEO started asking our opinions regarding our specialty. I raised my hand,answered with my strong Chinese accent though,  "A @@@@@ is a “driver” who makes the @@@@ run and …..” (For privacy, omitted….words)   
     The CEO was so satisfied with my answer with “driver”  that thereafter whenever he talked about any concept in my specialty on "driver", he always pointed at me (even though I changed my dress everyday) among the 200 people (East Asian less than 5%) in the ballroom.  I remembered on the third day of meeting, when I was chatting with Wenqing on my cell phone about the game (space survival exercise) I posted on MYSJ,  CEO mentioned this concept again.  Of course, at that time, I did not pay much attention to his lecture.  When another attendee besides me touched my back to remind me and after I lifted my head, I noticed both the CEO and president were pointing at me.
        During the afternoon break, when I was picking up an ice-cream, the president in our company happened to stand right next to me. He said, "En, low-calorie ice cream." Wondering what was my answer?  I did not know how come I was so brave(maybe I watered too much in MYSJ?)and said," I do not care about calories."
       "Oh, you do not need to care." Both of us laughed.

The above was my personal experience last week. A lady, with strong Chinese accent English, with enthusiasm to her career, with increasing communication skills due to watering MYSJ daily, is more and more confident in front of all kinds of people, no matter whom they are, the CEO, president, or directors....

What a Nice story and bright girl!Thanks for sharing! Good luck.
 Please pay a little attention to the revisions I did for you.

所有跟帖: 

OMG,you rocks!!!一下子把俺的中學生英語作文upgraded成研究生水平了。 -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (240 bytes) () 10/19/2011 postreply 14:25:12

兩點疑問。 -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (476 bytes) () 10/19/2011 postreply 16:03:00

回複:兩點疑問。 -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (710 bytes) () 10/19/2011 postreply 16:45:43

謝謝高手解答! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2011 postreply 17:28:50

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”