妹妹好文! the best than ever! make me think.

I read A Free Living a few years ago. I have not read the Eat, Pray, Love, but watched the movie adapted from it.

I like the way you find the connection between the two characters in the books,  As an immigrant, I can certainly identify myself with Wu Nan; as a human, I can also identify myself with Liz Gilbert.  All humans have their spiritual needs, in addition to their mundane needs, which make humans human. Each person may choose his/her own journey to fulfill that need. For Wu Nan, it is a pursuit of poetry, for Liz Gilbert, it is a quest for pleasure and balance in life. For me, it is a search for the meaning of life through reading the literature. Whatever they might be, we all 殊途同歸 – find our callings and inner peace in life.

Comments:

1. Is this fair? Is this the equal opportunity that the American Dream has been glorifying?

妹妹恕我直言, 我不太喜歡這句話. Because American dream never glorifies the equality of the birthright, and it only glorifies the equality of opportunity.

2. I am no book critic - Is "I am not a book critic" better?

3. On the other hand, when we look at Liz Gilbert in EPL, we see at the very beginning, she already has everything.

run-on sentence?

所有跟帖: 

thanks, Sis! Great points! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (571 bytes) () 09/11/2011 postreply 15:25:39

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!