回複:不好意思給您添堵了,我的寫作練習麻煩幫忙改錯和改進句法和修辭。叩謝!

來源: selfselfself 2011-07-02 12:11:52 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (7580 bytes)

Sorry for my half ass effort

Improving my English grammar

(Improve the grammar of my English writing )

When asked how to improve my English writing, my previous advisor simply mentioned (suggested) that I just needed to pay more attention to what I wrote.  It sounds easier than it really is (It was easier said than done). I relied on (resorted to/ fell back to) my advisor too much (accustomedly) on writing when I was (back) in school. As long as I got the  (my) papers were published, I just did (got by with) the mimimum effort and did not care about how to improve my writing by myself (spontaneously/voluntarily). Now, I am looking for a job and then (clearly) realize(see) that good writing skills are essential for almost all the jobs (to every job) I have applied.

I know that the structure and the content of an article are the  foremost for attracting (that atrract) readers. However, when practicing my English writing (it comes down to English writing), I realized that I made too many (my writing is lousy, riddled with aboundant) grammar mistakes (grammatic errors), which made my writing lousy. Some of the mistakes were made because I was reckless ( are made due to slacking); others were (are) made because I did not even have a clue about the right rules to use (of my ignorance of grammatic rules). Then (Thus), in order to have a solid grammar training, which is fundamental towards a good writing, I started to read grammar books again.  ten years after I took my TOFEL exam when was the last time I read a grammar book (This is 10 years after the last time I read a grammar book, when I took my TOFEL test).

When I got (get down) to the details of the rules and the exceptions of English grammar, my hands were(are) sweating. The more I read, the more I realized that how many mistakes I have made. I even made lethal mistakes in my cover letters for job applications. No wonder I get no responses from those hiring companies.  On the other hand, I felt lost in all the rules and exceptions. It is hard to memorize all the details without using them on a daily basis. Thus, I decide to practice everyday. Try to write something and utilize what I have learned. My grammar practice is really weak based on my self-evaluation and feedbacks from others. The good part is that I have a large room to improve, whereas the bad part is that I have a lot to do to be on the right track.

If I just practice on my own, those blind spots in my wrting may never be found. So, I need help from you guys. Please help me to correct my mistakes and therefore make my writing better. Hope you do not mind that my writing is really poor. I also beg you for the tips towards proper usage of grammar in writing. Thanks

所有跟帖: 

continue.... -selfselfself- 給 selfselfself 發送悄悄話 selfselfself 的博客首頁 (2707 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 20:47:44

回複:continue.... -i999- 給 i999 發送悄悄話 i999 的博客首頁 (20 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 21:45:34

I learned a lot from your comments. Thanks, Big S and i999! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 22:44:56

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”