【翻譯寫作】練習之六--原文+匯總(Asian American節選)

來源: beautifulwind 2011-07-02 01:17:24 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (35453 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ beautifulwind ] 在 2011-07-02 06:13:40 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

本人是英語外行,說說熱鬧:因為大家參與,互相點評,再看原文之前,已經和NewVoice和newton同學學會了外黃內白(yellow on the outside, white on the inside), 母語(mother tongue),敬語(honorific)表達,lmao學會了:可以用 strived hard to make it like one表達 雖然我的身份是移民,我卻從來沒有想過像一個移民那樣努力地奮鬥。”,非常接近原文的表達。

植入的種種不同表達法:ingrainembedinstillroot in,implant,etc 

語法方麵: American複數應加s Althoughbut 不應同時出現,單句之間一定要有連詞. I think...和 I think that...都可以,但後者表達更正式一些。etc。(most of them, learned with Yugong,lmao.)

文青同學也給我指出了:“ironically用的不對,ironically是有點自相矛盾的意思,比方說:He hates Koreans, ironically Korean food is his favorite food. 這裏是嘲弄,newvoice用的sarcastically 也不對,感覺隻有那個新來的lmao和愚公用帶mock詞根的詞是對的。小溪那個意思接近,但是覺得用法不對。
but I believe that the prejudice to evey race has already deeply embedded into our minds, with which we differentiate all kinds of faces among people.
這一句,你的從句跟在minds後麵,很容易被認為從句是修飾minds的,但是這裏的中文,是說我們用這種prejudice來區分別人。”

NewVoice 同學因為長期堅持不懈讀英文名著,表現突出,給大家的點評非常好。lmao同學後來加入寫作班,勤於思考,功底深厚,有很多精彩點評。小薇同學因為曾經看過原文,沒有參與作業,但也給出了精彩點評。非常感謝。   另外,通過這次總結,確實感受到文青曾給大家付出的更多的心血和辛苦。再次深深感謝文青同學。為了減少主持者的負擔,今後在給出原文後,隻給出大家作業的鏈接,有興趣的同學可以自己去看同學們的作業點評和磚頭。  

在看到原文後,原文表達確實地道,我用黑體字顯示了。對於每個同學的點評,請看鏈接。我這裏隻貼了同學未經修改的作業。

從周一起,將由愚公(Enlearner)正式主持翻譯寫作課。原文材料不是新概念,帶有音頻,中文翻譯很接近原文。(方法還是Billnet推薦的一個最慢也最快的寫做方法。)大家可以在原文公布之後反複聽讀原讀,朗讀後貼出。這樣既學了翻譯也練了發音。最重要的這是把所學的知識真正轉化成自己的知識的過程。請大家踴躍參加。祝大家節日快樂。謝謝。

#############

原文鏈接: http://nymag.com/news/features/asian-americans-2011-5/

同學作業及點評鏈接(見跟貼):http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/zhongyiingfanyi/105794.html

作業(newton123同學提供):一定有無數的美國人也對他們的長相感到有一種疏離感,但每個人的原因卻又各不相同。舉個例子,我是韓國移民的後裔,但我卻不會說我父母的母語(即韓語)。我也從來沒有用諸如大哥大姐等恰當的敬語來稱呼我的長輩們。我沒跟韓國女性約過會,甚至連個韓國朋友都沒有。雖然我的身份是移民,我卻從來沒有想過像一個移民那樣努力地奮鬥

我是亞裔美國人,用帶點嘲弄意味的說法就是香蕉或者奶油蛋糕外黃內白)。雖然我並不認為一個人的種族出身就會決定他的一切,但我相信對各個種族的成見已經深深地植入了我們的思想裏,我們靠它來區分在茫茫人海中遇到的不同麵孔。盡管在很多方麵,我已經沒了什麽亞洲人的特點,但我確實長著一張亞洲人的臉。

文:by Wesley Yang:

Millions of Americans must feel estranged from their own faces. But every self-estranged individual is estranged in his own way. I, for instance, am the child of Korean immigrants, but I do not speak my parents’ native tongue. I have never called my elders by the proper honorific, “big brother” or “big sister.” I have never dated a Korean woman. I don’t have a Korean friend. Though I am an immigrant, I have never wanted to strive like one.
 You could say that I am, in the gently derisive parlance of Asian-Americans, a banana or a Twinkie (yellow on the outside, white on the inside). But while I don’t believe our roots necessarily define us, I do believe there are racially inflected assumptions wired into our neural circuitry that we use to sort through the sea of faces we confront. And although I am in most respects devoid of Asian characteristics, I do have an Asian face.

i999:

There must be numerous American feeling detached to their faces, based upon different reasons. For instance, my family was from Korea, but I could not speak Korean like my parents. I never call the elders in proper honorific forms such as “big brother” and “big sister”. I never date a Korean girl and don’t even have a Korean friend. I never try to work hard as an immigrant as if I were not.

I am an Asian American, in an ironic way, a banana or a cream cake (yellow outside but white inside). Although I don’t believe races determine everything, I am convinced that racial discrimination has been deeply rooted in our minds, on which we rely heavily to differentiate one face from others among the crowd. I do look like an Asian, despite that I am not a typical Asian in many ways.

NewVoice:

There must be countless Americans who somewhat feel detached from their looks, but the reason might be different for each person. For example, I am a descendant of Korean immigrants, but I can’t speak my mother tongues (i.e. Korean). I have never called my elders using the proper words or phrases such as “elder brother” and “elder sister”. I have never dated Korean girls, and neither have I a Korean friend. Although I am an immigrant, I have never imagined working hard as an immigrant should.

I am an Asian American, or sarcastically speaking a banana or cream cake (yellow on the outside and white on the inside). Although I don’t think that a person’s race determines everything about him or her, but I believe that racial prejudice has been deeply ingrained into our minds. We distinguish people by their faces among a crowd of people. Although, in many aspects, I have already lost the characteristics of Asian people, but I do have an Asian face.

Cutestream:

There must be many American have senses of alienation due to their facial appearances, but each one has his/her own specific reason. For example, I am a descendant of Korean immigrants, but I can not speak the mother language of my parents (i.e. Korean). Also, I’ve never called my eldership appropriate honorific like ‘old brother’ and ‘old sister’; I’ve never dated Korean girls, and even had no Korean friends; I’ve never thought to work hard like an immigrant, though my identity is.Newton123:

I am an Asian American, a banana or cream cake (yellow outside but white inside) by jeering. Although I don’t think race can decide everything, I do believe that prejudges against each race have already been deeply rooted in our thoughts, by which we distinguish various faces we meet in the midst of many people. Although, in many aspects, I’ve lost Asian characteristics, I do have an Asian face.

lmao

There must be a lot of Americans who can’t identify with what they look like, but for different reasons of their own.  For example, I am a Korean descendent, but I can’t speak my parents’ native language (i.e. Korean). I never used “xx”  and  “xx” (“older brother”  and “old sister” in Korean) or other respect terms to address my seniors. I have never had a Korean girlfriend, not even a Korean friend. Although I am an immigrant, I have never strived hard to make it like one.

I am an Asian-American, or in a somehow mocking term, a banana or a cream cake (translator’s note: I don’t know what it is here) (yellow outside, white within). I don’t think a person’s race determines everything about him. But I believe deep in our mind is instilled the stereotype of each race, with which we distinguish each face we see in the crowd. Although in many aspects, I don’t have the characteristics of an Asian, I do have an Asian face.

Beautifulwind:

Many American must have a sense of alienation to their lookings, but everyone has his own specific reason. For example, I am a descendant of Korean immigrants, but I do not know how to speak my parents' native language(Korean). I have never called the elderly with appropriate words such as "elder brother" or "elder sister". I have never dated any korean ladies, even do not have any korean friends. Although holding an immigrant status, I have never thought about working as hard as an immigrant.

I am an Asian American, ironically speaking a banana or cream cake(yellow outside but white inside). Although I do not think one's race determines his everything, but I believe that the prejudice to evey race has already deeply embedded into our minds, with which we differentiate all kinds of faces among people. Although in many aspects, I do not have asian's character, but I do have an asian's face.

Enlearner: 
There must be countless Americans who have a sense of alienation about their looks and each has his or her own reasons. For example, I am a descendant of Korean immigrants, but I do not speak my parents' native language, i.e. Korean.  I have never used appropriate honorific like "Big Brother" or "Big Sister" to refer to my elders.  I have never ever dated a Korean woman or even had a Korean friend.  Though I am an immigrant,  it has never come to my mind that I will work really hard as an immigrant is supposed to. 
    I am an Asian American, or in a little mockery way, a banana or cream cake (yellow  outside and white inside).    Although I do not think that a person's life is all determined by his or her ethnic origin, I do believe that the sterotypes of all races have been deeply implanted in our minds.  We use those stereotypes to distinguish different faces we have seen in our life.  In many way, I do not have the characteristics of an Asian, but I do have a face of an Asican.

Newton123:
There must be numerous Americas that have sort of strange feeling about their faces, but the causes may vary. Take me as an example. I am a son of a Korean immigrate, but I am unable to speak the mother language of my parents. I never call my cousins using a well suited title like “big brother” or “big sister”. I have not dated any Korean lady. I even do not have a Korean friend. In spite of being an immigrant, I never have a thought to strive as hard as an immigrant.

I am an Asian America, a banana or a cream cake as called in a funny way (yellow on the outside and white on the inside). I do not believe that one’s future is determined by his origin, but I agree that the prejudices on the origin of different ethnic groups have deeply rooted in our mind, on which we base our judgments of different faces in the sea of people. Though I have probably lost a lot of features of Asian characteristics, I keep an Asian face.  

所有跟帖: 

工作了一整天,軟件又不太好用,總結得比較亂,請大家湊活著看吧。 -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 01:30:02

總結的挺好的,學習了。謝美風,辛苦了。節日快樂。 -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 06:30:49

Thanks,Wanru! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 21:49:43

回複:【翻譯寫作】練習之六--原文+匯總(Asian American節選) -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (1029 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 05:06:37

Billnet推薦的一個最慢也最快的寫做方法 -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (384 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 08:43:48

Thanks! -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 15:21:37

I learned a lot from your comments.Your writing skills are great -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 21:48:49

Good summary. It's impressive. Thank you. -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (1289 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 08:30:18

Yugong is a perfectionist-very similar to Wenqing. Thanks,Doc Yu -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/02/2011 postreply 21:40:03

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”