老相好功力見長,比前幾天寫溜溜的那個小短文寫得好很多。

來源: 非文學青年 2011-07-01 18:05:35 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (25273 bytes)

When asked how to improve my English writing, my previous advisor simply mentioned that I just needed to pay more attention to what I wrote.  It sounds easier than it really is.this sentence is a bit odd, I thought you were going to say: When I really started paying more attention, my writing still didn’t improve I relied on my advisor too much on writing when I was in school. As long as I got the papers published, I just did the mimimum and did not care about how to improve my writing by myself. Now, I am looking for a job and then realize(have realized?maybe) that good writing skills are essential for almost all the jobs I have applied.

I know that the structure and the content of an article are the  foremost for attracting readers. (not proper use of “foremost”, maybe say: the structure and content of an article are what attract the readers). However, when practicing my English writing, I realized that I made too many grammar mistakes, which made my writing lousy(that grammatical mistakes made my writing lousy). Some of the mistakes were made because I was reckless(這個詞用在這裏不太確定,我覺得reckless是指魯莽); others were made because I did not even have a clue about the right rules to use. Then, in order to have a solid grammar training which is fundamental towards a good writing, I started to read grammar books again, ten years after I took my TOFEL exam when was the last time I read a grammar book. (ten years after the last time I read a grammar book when I was preparing for my TOEFL exam)

When I got to the details of the rules and the exceptions of English grammar, my hands were sweating. The more I read, the more I realized that how many mistakes I have made. I even made lethal(用詞不準確,我覺得) mistakes in my cover letters for job applications. No wonder I get no responses from those hiring companies.  On the other hand(突兀,前麵應該加上句,I felt I was learning a lot from just reading the rules/exceptions, I felt lost in all the rules and exceptions. It is hard to memorize all the details without using them on a daily basis. Thus, I decided to practice everyday. Try to write something and utilize what I have learned. My grammar practice? is really weak based on my self-evaluation and feedbacks from others. The good part is that I have a large room to improve, whereas the bad part is that I have a lot to do to be on the right track. (don’t quite get the logic here.)

If I just practice on my own, those blind spots in my wrting may never be found. So, I need help from you guys. Please help me to correct my mistakes and therefore make my writing better. Hope you do not mind that my writing is really poor. I also beg you for the tips towards proper usage of grammar(I think you mean: the role of grammar in writing?) in writing. Thanks.

所有跟帖: 

回複:老相好功力見長,比前幾天寫溜溜的那個小短文寫得好很多。 -i999- 給 i999 發送悄悄話 i999 的博客首頁 (23 bytes) () 07/01/2011 postreply 21:10:50

回複:老相好功力見長,比前幾天寫溜溜的那個小短文寫得好很多。 -i999- 給 i999 發送悄悄話 i999 的博客首頁 (98 bytes) () 07/01/2011 postreply 21:21:19

回複:老相好功力見長,比前幾天寫溜溜的那個小短文寫得好很多。 -i999- 給 i999 發送悄悄話 i999 的博客首頁 (216 bytes) () 07/01/2011 postreply 21:32:34

is "uncareful" a word? careless is better than neglectful -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (42 bytes) () 07/01/2011 postreply 22:13:22

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”