職場美語:Trade Expo (2) (音頻文字)

來源: 珈玥 2011-06-13 09:50:36 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3313 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 珈玥 ] 在 2011-06-16 07:35:05 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
職場美語:Trade Expo (2) (音頻文字) ZT

公司開會,經理Nick宣布,他們要在法蘭克福的紡織品博覽會上設展台,大家頭腦激蕩,看需要做哪些準備。Elaine說,

E: I think we should have a little pow-wow with the team who will be manning the booth. They need to understand how important their role is. First impressions are crucial!

M: That's a good idea, Elaine. Seeing as I will be leading the team, I think I'll get everyone together before departure and go over these points. It's really true that first impressions can make or break a deal.

Elaine建議跟負責展台的人have a little pow-wow. Pow-wow is spelled p-o-w-w-o-w, 意思是碰頭會,因為他們在展台接待客人 man the booth, 是公司門麵,而且first impressions are crucial,第一印象是非常關鍵的。

Mark同意Elaine的看法,因為第一印象can make or break a deal, 既能促成交易make a deal,又能 break a deal, 讓交易泡湯。

N: That's another thing to stress to your team, Mark. We should remind them to never judge a book by its cover. The guy wandering around our booth might not look like a major buyer, but you never know!

E: Looks can be deceiving!

N: That's right. We need to treat each person who stops by our booth as a potential customer. Many times I've met someone who didn't look like a major player, but then they pull out their business card and they turn out to be the vice-president of a huge company.

經理Nick說, 負責展台的人必須記住,never judge a book by its cover,不要以貌取人。Elaine也說,looks can be deceiving,外表有時是有欺騙性的,外表其貌不揚的人,說不定卻是個大人物,a major player. 因此,不論什麽人從展台旁邊走過,都必須把他當做a potential customer,潛在的客戶來對待。

M: These are all good points, but we also have to be aware of industrial espionage. Some of the people milling around could be spies!

N: Yes...there are always people trying to steal ideas. We do need to be careful. We should let our staff know what kind of information they can give away and what kind of information they should not make public.

Mark提醒大家,參加商品博覽會要小心industrial espionage. industrial is spelled i-n-d-u-s-t-r-i-a-l, industrial,工業的, espionage is spelled e-s-p-i-o-n-a-g-e, espionage,間諜。連在一起,industrial espionage,就是工業間諜。

在展台附近遊蕩的人those who are milling around the booth,很可能是尋找機會to steal ideas,盜取別人的想法,所以必須讓負責展台的員工知道,什麽信息可以公開,什麽信息不能公開。

Words and Phrases

1. have a little pow-wow.
Pow-wow, 意思是碰頭會

2. First impressions are crucial.
第一印象是非常關鍵的。

3. make or break a deal.
既能促成交易make a deal,又能 break a deal, 讓交易泡湯。

4. Never judge a book by its cover.
不要以貌取人。

5. Looks can be deceiving.
外表有時是有欺騙性的.

6. 大人物
a major player

7. a potential customer
潛在的客戶

8. industrial espionage
工業間諜

9. 在展台附近遊蕩的人
those who are milling around the booth

10. to steal ideas
盜取別人的想法

所有跟帖: 

謝謝珈玥。又學了好幾個表達。 -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/13/2011 postreply 13:27:40

Same here, especaially "pow-wow". -珈玥- 給 珈玥 發送悄悄話 珈玥 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/14/2011 postreply 08:58:38

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”