流行美語:Keep One's Shirt On 保持耐心(音頻文字)

來源: 婉蕠 2011-04-19 15:53:40 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4029 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 婉蕠 ] 在 2011-04-23 02:21:04 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
流行美語: Keep One's Shirt On 保持耐心 & to walk all over someone 對某人蠻橫無理 (音頻文字) ZT

李華和Larry要去朋友家聚餐,倆人正在包餃子。他們會用到兩個常用語:keep your shirt on和to walk all over someone.

LH: Larry! 你那個餃子裏放的餡兒太多了! 肯定得破!

Larry: Sorry, Lihua, I'm trying my best here. Look, I've already made half a dozen dumplings - see?

LH: 啊?都快半個小時了,你才包了六個餃子??

Larry: Keep your shirt on! You know I've never made Chinese dumplings before, Lihua.

LH: Larry, 你在說什麽啊? keep my shirt on?! 我又沒脫衣服!

Larry: (Sigh) OK, let's both relax. What I mean is, try to be more patient. "Keep your shirt on" means "be patient."

LH: "Keep your shirt on"是“耐心點兒”的意思?那好吧,I will try to keep my shirt on.

Larry: And I'll try to work more quickly. (Pause) Here - is this how to close the dumpling?

LH: 天啊, Larry, 你這個餃子包得太難看了! 在包餃子的時候,You need to keep your shirt on, too - 你也得有點耐心,慢慢包!

Larry: Why don't you help me? The work will go twice as fast - and you can show me how to properly make a Chinese dumpling.

LH: 好吧,聽我說。包餃子最怕餃子皮按不緊,我有個笨辦法,就是在皮的四周抹上一圈水,然後再按緊。你看,這樣,餃子就不會“張嘴”啦!

Larry: Hey, not so fast! How did you do that so quickly? Why can't I make dumplings like that?

LH: 熟能生巧啊,慢慢練習,keep your shirt on! 不過,今天沒時間讓你慢慢練了,咱們得快點包,聚餐快開始了! 哎?剛才讓你燒開水,水開了沒有?

Larry: Keep your shirt on, Lihua! It should be boiling in a minute.

(手機鈴聲響)

LH: 啊呀,來電話催了! (接起電話) 喂?... 啊,對不起,還沒有做好,就快好了! 我知道! 好好,對不起了啊,恩,好拜拜. (掛電話) 唉! 我朋友著急了!

Larry: Geez, she seems really rude! You shouldn't let her walk all over you like that.

LH: Walk... over me? 什麽意思?

Larry: I mean you need to stand up for yourself. To let someone walk all over you means that you are allowing someone to be very rude to you.

LH: 哦,to walk all over someone就是對某人蠻橫無理。

Larry: That's right, and you shouldn't let your friend walk all over you like that.

LH: 你說得對。不過,這個女生是我師姐,我應該尊重她。她說兩句就說兩句吧!

Larry: Respecting her and letting her walk all over you are two different things. For example, I definitely need to respect my boss when he tells me I did something wrong. However, if he made me stay late every night at work, that's walking all over me, and I don't have to accept that.

LH: 對,要是老板天天讓你加班,就沒有道理了,明顯是在欺負人,你沒必要照做。

Larry: Exactly. Respect between two people should be mutual - regardless of how old they are.

LH: 你說得對! 哎?水開了沒有,咱們快點把餃子做好吧!

Larry: Let's take our time. I don't want to hurry just to make your rude friend happy.

LH: 她要是再打電話來催我,我一定會讓她keep her shirt on - 耐心點! 不過咱們也得加快速度,再包它二十個!

Larry: Keep your shirt on, Lihua! I'll go as fast as I can!

LH: Larry, 包完餃子你還得趕快去趟中國超市!

Larry: The store? For what?

LH: 買臘八蒜啊! 吃餃子哪能沒有臘八蒜! 另外,你最好再額外買點小菜,點心什麽的......

Larry: I'm beginning to think you are walking all over me, too!

今天李華學了兩個常用語。一個是 Keep your shirt on,意思是“保持耐心”。另一個是 to walk all over someone 意思是“對某人蠻橫無理”。

Words and Phrases

1. Keep your shirt on
耐心點兒

For example:
I will try to keep my shirt on.

2. to walk all over someone
對某人蠻橫無理

For exemple:

I'm beginning to think you are walking all over me, too.

所有跟帖: 

回複:流行美語:Keep One's Shirt On 保持耐心(音頻文字) -swDayDayUp- 給 swDayDayUp 發送悄悄話 (33 bytes) () 04/20/2011 postreply 18:52:54

問好,謝謝wDayDayUp留言。 -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/21/2011 postreply 10:51:59

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”