流行美語:on the dot 正好(音頻文字)

來源: 紓珈 2011-02-07 06:21:09 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5838 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 紓珈 ] 在 2011-02-10 05:01:53 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

流行美語:on the dot 正好 & get a taste of one's own medicine 自食苦果 (音頻文字)

Larry準備參加馬拉鬆比賽,李華在幫他進行賽前訓練。他們會用到兩個常用語:on the dot和get a taste of one's own medicine

LH: Larry, 加油,就剩500米了!衝刺衝刺! 好..!

Larry: (Out of breath) How...did... I do?

LH: 成績不錯,但還是沒進15分鍾。

Larry: (Still a bit out of breath) Let me see that watch...Hey, this isn't above 15 minutes... this is 15 minutes on the dot!

LH: Dot? 點點?這個秒表是新的,上麵什麽都沒有啊!

Larry: No, no. The watch is fine. I'm talking about the time. Look...it says 15:00. Exactly fifteen minutes...Fifteen minutes on the dot.

LH: 哦, on the dot就是“正好”的意思。你是說,你剛才的成績是正好15分鍾。可是Larry,我的意思是,你還是沒有衝破15分這個關口。這樣你下個月參加比賽時,名次是不會理想的!

Larry: I know, I know... wait a minute. Next month? I thought I had way more time to prepare than that!

LH: 啊?你忘啦?距離比賽還有整整一個月,30 days on the dot!

Larry: Well, at least I'm making progress...fifteen minutes is my best time so far. I think I'm done running for today. It's 5pm on the dot.

LH: 好吧,那今天就練到這兒吧。天兒也夠熱的,今天是35 degrees on the dot,35度呢!

Larry: Well, when you're running, it feels more like 40 degrees on the dot!

LH: 不過回家前,你還得做30個仰臥起坐。

Larry: You sure are a strict coach...how do you know so much about training?

LH: (得意地)我高中是田徑隊的,教練特嚴格,我都是跟他學的!嚴師出高徒嘛!

Larry: Oh really?? (pauses for a moment as if hatching a plan) You know, Li Hua, there's a couple's race as well on race day. I think you and I should be a team!

LH: 雙人跑? 我也參加?那可不行,我整整10年沒跑步了!10 years on the dot!

Larry: Hey, you've been making me run all over this track for the past week; I think it's only fair that you got to taste of your own medicine.

LH: 什麽,taste of my own medicine? 我的藥的味道?

Larry: Actually, you've been working me so hard, but now it's time for you to go through the same ordeal that you had put me through. In other words, you're getting a taste of your own medicine.

LH: 我明白了,get a taste of my own medicine就是自食苦果。你是說,這幾天我逼你練得那麽辛苦,現在你也要讓我嚐嚐同樣的滋味。

Larry: Right! Let's start early tomorrow...be here at 7 am on the dot. I can't wait to give you a taste of your own medicine!

第二天,Larry和李華開始了訓練。

Larry: Come on, Lihua, just 500 more meters! Pick up your speed! And...you're done!

LH: (Out of breath) 時間怎麽樣?

Larry: Eighteen minutes.

LH: 啊?這麽慢? 18 minutes on the dot? 正好18分麽?

Larry: No, not on the dot. More like 18 minutes and 16 seconds...

LH: 我要累死了,不練了不練了!

Larry: Now you know how it feels to taste some of your own medicine!

LH: 是啊,現在我體會到你的辛苦了。我真不該對你那麽嚴格。

Larry: Good! Well, I guess I can tell you now...there's no couple's race.

LH: 根本就沒有什麽雙人跑?!

Larry: Yeah, you were pushing me so hard...I just wanted you to get a taste of your own medicine.

LH: 為了讓我自食苦果,你就用這招騙我?!哎呀,糟糕,剛才跑得太快,你媽媽送我的那條項鏈不知道什麽時候掉了。

Larry: My mother's necklace?? That's been in my family for 100 years on the dot! Why did you wear that on a run?

LH: 哈! 你著急了吧! 項鏈就在我包裏!怎麽樣, you just got a taste of your own medicine,你也知道被騙的滋味不好受了吧!

Larry: Indeed...

今天李華學了兩個常用語。一個是on the dot,表示“正好,精確地”。另一是get a taste of one's own medicine, 意思是“自食苦果”。

Words and Phrases

1. on the dot  正好

E.g.  It's 5pm on the dot.

2. taste of one's own medicine  自食苦果

E.g.  Now you know how it feels to taste some of your own medicine.

Audio download link:

http://www.freexinwen.com/chinese/soundpa/pa361.m3u

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 學一個詞: Charter 包租(音頻文字)
  • 體育報道:Packers Win NFL Super Bowl
  • 英語美文: Keep Trying
  • 書籍簡介:The Opposable Mind 節選(1)
  • 電影簡介:The King's Speech 國王的演講 來源:Carpediem
  • 所有跟帖: 

兔年好~ 謝謝你。 -梅石瑩玉- 給 梅石瑩玉 發送悄悄話 梅石瑩玉 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2011 postreply 13:14:30

梅石瑩玉, 想念你,春節快樂。 -紓珈- 給 紓珈 發送悄悄話 紓珈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2011 postreply 13:23:24

hug, hug *_* -梅石瑩玉- 給 梅石瑩玉 發送悄悄話 梅石瑩玉 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2011 postreply 13:24:13

Have a wonderful evening. -紓珈- 給 紓珈 發送悄悄話 紓珈 的博客首頁 (20 bytes) () 02/07/2011 postreply 17:29:03

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”