流行美語:get the knack of sth. 有點入門了(音頻文字)

來源: 紓珈 2010-09-30 18:58:45 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5244 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 紓珈 ] 在 2010-10-05 14:45:38 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

流行美語:try your hand 試試看 & get the knack of sth. 有點入門了(音頻文字) VOA (ZT)

李華和Larry星期六早上坐船去釣魚。今天我們要學兩個常用語:try your hand和getting the knack of something.

LH: Larry, 你說的一點沒錯,這裏簡直太美了。

LL: See? I told you. There's no better way to relax after a tough week than to come out to the lake, rent a boat and try our hand at catching some fish.

LH: 什麽?你不是準備魚餌了嗎,為什麽還要try MY hand? 用我的手做魚餌?我不幹。

LL: No, silly! I don't mean "use your hand." I said "try your hand." To try your hand at something means to give something a try that might not necessarily be successful - like trying to catch fish.

LH: Whew! 原來try your hand是試試看的意思。

LL: Right. Since we don't often go fishing, we really don't know how good we will be at catching fish. But that's OK. We can try our hand at it anyway.

LH: 我明白了。那這樣,你在這兒慢慢釣魚試試看,我正好把這本書讀完。

LL: But first, wouldn't you like to try your hand at it baiting my hook? I bet you haven't put a live worm on a hook before!

LH: Eww! 我最後一次去釣魚還是小時候跟爺爺,那會兒都是我爺爺幫我準備魚餌。我最怕擺弄這些扭來扭去的蟲子了。

LL: Ok, fine. But you should really take this opportunity to try your hand at some new experiences!

LH: 隻要你不讓我去擺弄那些蟲子,讓我嚐試什麽都行!

LL: Really? I've got an idea. Maybe you could try your hand at massaging my neck and shoulder while I am waiting for the fish to bite.

LH: Larry, 我按摩雖然沒學過,可跆拳道卻略通一、二,要不要試試?

LL: 饒命啊...

Larry和李華在湖邊待了整整一天,李華開始覺得累了。

LH: Larry, 我累死了,咱們回去吧,上岸找點東西吃。

LL: Give me just a few more minutes - I think I felt a nibble!

LH: (Groans) Larry....一整天都沒釣到魚,每次我一提走,你就說好象有魚上鉤了。

LL: Aww, but Lihua, we're just starting to get the knack of it!

LH: Get the knack? 什麽是knack? 我怎麽沒聽說過這種魚。

LL: No, When someone says they are getting the knack of something, it means they are starting to become better at it. We've been fishing all day without any luck, but I think we're getting the knack of it now.

LH: 哦,我明白了, getting the knack of something意思就是有點入門了。你是說咱倆釣魚有進步了,我怎麽不覺得?

LL: Of course we're making progress. You, for example, are getting better at dealing with our bait.

LH: 這倒是真了,我現在準備魚餌已經是專家了,不過,這都要歸功於你。是你經常讓狡猾的魚把魚餌叼走,我才有這麽多鍛煉機會。

LL: Fine. if you want to go back so bad, why don't you try your hand at rowing? I've been moving this boat around while you sit there and relax the whole day.

LH: 你讓我把船劃回去?可我不會劃船啊,我隻會原地打轉。

LL: Just give it a try, it's not that hard. I'm sure you'll get the knack of it in no time.

(Lihua starts trying to row the boat)

LH: 哎,你當初幹嘛把船劃到湖中心來嘛!

LL: The guy at the dock told me all the best fishing is out over on this side of the lake. I wanted to try my hand at catching the big fish!

LH: 這船怎麽就是不動啊!I'll never get the knack of this. 我永遠也學不會劃船。還是你來吧。

LL: Oh, alright. But I could have sworn I felt a fish nibbling on my line! Here, take my rod. Try you hand at bringing a fish in.

LH: 沒問題,隻要你往回劃,讓我幹什麽多行。啊,有魚上鉤了!

LL: There you go! See, you're already getting the knack of it! I told you I had a fish biting.

LH: 現在怎麽辦?你快來幫我把魚拉上來啊!

LL: It's OK! You try your hand at reeling it in. Just stay calm, patient and slowly reel it in...I think I see it - It's huge!

LH: 什麽魚這麽重?

LL: Wow! It's a huge, black...boot. (sign)

今天李華學了兩個常用語。一個是try your hand, 意思是嚐試做某件事。另一個是getting the knack of something, 意思是入門了,開始掌握基本要領了。

Words and Phrases

1. try my hand

To try your hand at something means to give something a try that might not necessarily be successful.

try your hand是試試看的意思。

For example:

Try you hand at bringing a fish in.

2. Get the knack

When someone says they are getting the knack of something, it means they are starting to become better at it.

getting the knack of something意思就是有點入門了

For example:

You are getting better at dealing with our bait.

Audio download link:

http://www.freexinwen.com/chinese/soundpa/pa346.m3u

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”