流行美語:zone out(音頻文字)

來源: 斕婷 2012-04-15 10:56:37 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5153 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 斕婷 ] 在 2012-06-15 06:20:37 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
流行美語:zone out(音頻文字)ZT
http://space.wenxuecity.com/media/1334511563.mp3

Larry和李華明天要考試,今天一起複習,但李華一直沒法專心。她今天會學到兩個常用語:zone out和now you're cooking with gas。

LL: So Reaganomics were the economic policies of U.S. President Ronald Reagan - Li Hua? Are you listening?

LH: (Pause) 嗯?發生什麽事了?

LL: Li Hua! How can you zone out when your final is tomorrow?

LH: Zone out? 你在說什麽啊, Larry?

LL: To zone out means to lose concentration and to not notice what's happening around you.

LH: 喔,你是說我分心嗎?

LL: Yes. A 'zone' is an area. If you 'zone out', you mentally drift away from the place you are currently at, and go off into empty, dreamy space.

LH: 所以zone是指一個區域, zone out就是走神。

LL: Yup. So stop zoning out! We still have a lot of studying to do!

LH: 好吧。那你告訴我,什麽是supply-side economics?

LL: Supply-side economics argues that economic growth can be most effectively created by lowering barriers for people to produce goods and services (supply) -

LH: 比如說降低所得稅。

LL: Hey! Now you're cooking with gas!

LH: Cooking - cooking with what?

LL: Now you're cooking with gas! It means now you understand what I'm talking about.

LH: 啊, now you're cooking with gas是指我終於跟上了,了解你在說什麽。是啊,我還是懂一點點的。不過now you're cooking with gas和了解一件事情怎麽能扯得上關係呢?

LL: This comes with a little bit of history. In the 1930's cooking became more convenient as the kitchen evolved from the old coal/wood range into the wood/gas combination. So when we say 'now you're cooking with gas, it means you've crossed the barrier and progressed!

LH: 真有意思。原來是1930年代煮飯從依靠炭和木頭進化成依靠天然氣,生活方便了許多,所以說now you're cooking with gas就代表我進步了。

LL: Yes, that is correct. Wow you're really cooking with gas now! Learning so fast.

LH: 沒錯。我現在精神好多了。還是學習英文俚語比較有趣。

LL: But we have to keep going with Economics, or else we're both going to fail the exam tomorrow.

LH: 是啊。But if we keep talking about boring Economics, I'm going to zone out again!

LL: Hmm what should we do then...

LH: 要不這樣!你先教我zone out和now you're cooking with gas的用法,讓我變得有精神之後,我們再繼續看經濟學,怎麽樣?

LL: I guess that could work. Hmm....you seem to be able to use these two phrases already. Do you have any questions?

LH: 當然有。如果分心是zone out, 那很專注的時候就是I'm really zoned in, right?

LL: That's interesting. But no one says it that way. A lot of phrases are only used in one direction. Therefore, you can only say zone out, but there is no such thing as zone in.

LH: 啊,原來如此。分心是zone out, 但注意力集中時不能反過來說zone in.

LL: Right. What about "now you're cooking with gas?" Can you give me an example using that phrase?

LH: Even though I was zoning out at the beginning of this review session, I began to cook with gas.

LL: Hmm. The phrase 'now you're cooking with gas' is usually used together as one, so no words are changed. Therefore, we don't say that someone begins to cook with gas.

LH: 好麻煩。所以說,Now you're cooking with gas. 得要整句一字不露地用。通常是一個人對另一個人說,Now you're cooking with gas. 而不是用來形容第三者的。

LL: That's right. Now you're really cooking with gas! Do you think we can go back to Economics?

LH: 啊!我要回家了。今晚是美國偶像American Idol的決賽。拜拜!

LL: Wait! Li Hua!

今天李華從Larry那兒學到兩個常用語。一個是zone out, 是走神,發呆的意思。另一個是now you're cooking with gas. 指一個人開始進入情況了。

Cooking with gas
來源: http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/xiguanyongyu/140314.html

所有跟帖: 

謝謝班長!我造了一些句 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (547 bytes) () 04/15/2012 postreply 11:58:33

我英語好差,各位老師同學多多指教!thank you! :) -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2012 postreply 12:01:57

吳曼學以致用,寫得好,充滿了生活氣息。 -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (562 bytes) () 04/15/2012 postreply 12:05:26

不客氣!:) -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (372 bytes) () 04/15/2012 postreply 12:52:36

看到了幹炒牛河,我的最愛,英文應怎說?fried rice noodle with beef? -bingli- 給 bingli 發送悄悄話 bingli 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2012 postreply 13:51:28

二師兄,我今晚佳人有約,回來好好給你的寫哈。乖啊,good good study! haha :) -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2012 postreply 14:52:46

大才子,我要請你吃滿漢全席,比吾比麵嗎?嗬嗬。 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2012 postreply 15:05:37

學習了!謝謝! -清心隨緣- 給 清心隨緣 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2012 postreply 19:50:42

問好,一起學習,並祝新周快樂。 -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2012 postreply 20:38:13

加跟帖:

當前帖子已經過期歸檔,不能加跟帖!