美語:a far cry from sth.&steer clear(音頻)

來源: 婉蕠 2012-01-11 09:09:15 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4637 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 婉蕠 ] 在 2012-01-20 06:06:09 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

美語:a far cry from sth.&steer clear(音頻) ZT

李華和Larry開車去機場準備坐飛機去夏威夷渡假。今天我們要學兩個常用語:a far cry和steer clear.

LH: Boy, Larry, 這次假期真是讓我望眼欲穿。前段時間每時每刻都在忙,你好長時間沒有帶我出去玩了,你簡直是失職...

LL: What do you mean? Last month we went to the movies. That was fun, wasn't it?

LH: 拜托,Larry, 帶我去看變形金剛就能過關了嗎?看兩場電影,跟去夏威夷渡假相比,簡直就是天壤之別。

LL: I guess you're right. Watching a movie is definitely a far cry from taking a vacation in Hawaii.

LH: A far cry? 這就要哭啊?我是在跟你開玩笑呢!

LL: Actually, Lihua, when you say that something is a far cry from something else, it means that those two things are totally different.

LH: 哦,我明白了,說一件事情是a far cry from另外一件事情,就是說二者大相徑庭。這麽說,你也承認,看電影遠遠比不上去夏威夷好玩嘍?

LL: Exactly. But I have to say, I'm really excited for this vacation too. I've heard that Hawaii is really beautiful.

LH: 咱們攢錢去夏威夷是絕對正確的,雖說貴了點,可是物有所值,比隨便找個小沙灘曬太陽強多了。

LL: I agree. The small and crowded beaches near my house are definitely a far cry from the huge, beautiful beaches in Hawaii.

LH: 那當然了,別忘了,光是從舊金山到夏威夷,就要坐六個小時的飛機呢!對了,你不會為了給我個驚喜,訂的是頭等艙吧?

LL: Are you kidding? I don't even have enough money to buy peanuts. I'm still a far cry from being able to afford first class tickets.

LH: 哎,經濟艙也湊合了。哈,我知道,那你一定是把錢都花在了五星級的酒店上...

LL: Well ... the place we're staying might be a far cry from a luxury, five-star hotel.

LH: 不是五星的?那也沒關係,四星我也將就了... 要不,最少也得是個三星吧?

LL: Don't worry, Lihua, we have a really nice tent to camp out on the beach!

LH:Larry, 你最好是在開玩笑,要我露宿沙灘,那我現在就買張機票回家去。

LL: Don't worry, I'm just kidding. We have a good hotel.

LH: 哈!我說說罷了,你還當真了。You are still a far cry from being a comedian. 你離喜劇演員的標準還差得遠呢!

Larry和李華坐了一天飛機,總算到了夏威夷。

LH: 夏威夷,我來了!Larry, 我們直奔海灘怎麽樣?

LL: Yeah, Hawaii is going to be great! I can't wait to get to the beach and spend all day sleeping in the sand.

LH: Larry, 我警告你,來夏威夷可不是為了睡覺,我們每天的行程可都是排得滿滿的。

LL: Well, Lihua, I think the main purpose of vacation is to relax. Let's steer clear of all those tiring activities.

LH: Steer clear? 難道說夏威夷也堵車,所以開車一定要小心嗎?

LL: Actually, to steer clear of something means you should avoid it. For example, whenever I travel, I steer clear of the food people sell on the street because I don't want to get sick.

LH: 沒錯,出門在外千萬不能亂吃東西,否則食物中毒,整個假期就全泡湯了。對了,Larry, 我們的旅館在市中心還是郊區?

LL: I always steer clear of the crowded and noisy cities when I go on vacation. Our hotel is in a very secluded and quiet area.

LH: Sounds great. 我們坐出租車去嗎?

LL: We should probably steer clear of taxis during our vacation because they are so expensive. Let's take the bus.

LH: 可是Larry, 我帶了四個大皮箱呢...

LL: Well Lihua, you know that I always try to steer clear of doing anything to upset you. We can take a cab this ONE time.

LH: 算你聰明,作為獎勵,在我們的日程正式開始之前,我批準你在沙灘上睡一小覺,不過記住,隻有十分鍾。

LL: A ten minute nap? Well that's a far cry from a fair deal, but I guess I'll take it. What is the first activity we're doing?

LH: 衝浪!

今天李華學了兩個常用語。一個是a far cry from something, 意思是大相徑庭。另一個是steer clear, 意思是避免。

所有跟帖: 

Thanks. Becca! -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/11/2012 postreply 21:20:30

Hi,rockcurrent,have a nice day. -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/12/2012 postreply 06:06:58

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”