地道英語:To nail sth.(音頻對話)

來源: 祤湫霖 2011-12-07 10:40:26 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3751 bytes)

地道英語: To nail sth.(音頻文字) ZT

The script of this programme 本節目台詞

Neil: Oh… the programme has started … Hello and welcome to Authentic Real English, I'm Neil. And… bear with me because the clock has just fallen off the wall and I have to put it back again…

Li: And I am Li. Now, Li, the writer! I've nailed it, Neil!

Neil: Oh, have you? But the nail was loose because the clock fell off the wall and now I have to nail it back up again.

Li: Stop this noise please, Neil. I have just told you that I've nailed it! 我的書搞定了! 你怎麽也沒向我表示祝賀呢?You should say: Congratulations!

Neil: What have you nailed then? Was it that picture over there? Was it the map in the corner? Well, to be fair none of them have fallen to the floor… yet!

Li: No, I got my poetry book accepted by a publisher and I am going to be a writer. 我的詩集已經被一家出版商接受,啊,努力了十年總算沒白費力氣,這是我事業上的第一個成就,詩集的出版已經拍板定案了。I've nailed it!

Neil: Oh, congratulations, Li! I am impressed with your skills as a poet!

Li: To nail something 是一個固定的短語意思是準確地,完美地做成了一件事。

A: Mary finally got a job as a teacher. She went for the job interview and has nailed it!

B: Chess is a difficult game to play. I wish I could nail it but I just can't!

C: The final exam was not easy but my cousin nailed it and got a place at university.

D: Congratulations to him. He's nailed it!

Li: So, there you go, I have written poetry since I was a little girl. Then I decided to send it to a publisher and he accepted it!

Neil: That's all very nice, Li and I'm very happy for you. I hope that you don't mind my hammering this nail. I have to have this clock fixed to the wall as soon as possible.

Li: Yeah, you go ahead. 你接著釘吧,不過,這陣陣錘聲到給了我創作靈感。 What rhymes with hammer…?

Neil: What do you mean?

Li: I am officially a poet now and everything inspires me to write my poetry. So hammer rhymes with…

Neil: … grammar.

Li: Ah, yes!

Neil: And we have to do it quickly because we have to prepare our English teaching programme.

Li: All right. 英語裏的錘子一詞 hammer 和語法一詞 grammar 押韻

To the wall you hammer it all…

Clock, picture, a proud banner...

To the brain you fix with no pain...

Verb… noun… adjective…and English grammar....

Neil: You have really nailed it Li. Clock fixed and everything, let's go and prepare our programmes.

Li: Here's my last line 精讀精聽,英語靈通,節目短小,再見一聲。Bye bye!

Neil: Bye!

所有跟帖: 

To nail sth vs. nullify -走馬讀人- 給 走馬讀人 發送悄悄話 走馬讀人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/07/2011 postreply 10:48:11

Good one. Thanks. -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/07/2011 postreply 11:25:34

I have nailed it. Thanks! -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 NewVoice 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/07/2011 postreply 13:30:18

Great. Have a nice day. -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/07/2011 postreply 13:32:47

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”