流行美語:fat chance不可能(音頻文字)

來源: 斕婷 2011-06-03 14:33:34 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4653 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 斕婷 ] 在 2011-06-08 04:35:03 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
流行美語:fat chance不可能(音頻文字)ZT

李華在春假開始前考完了期中考,Larry去學校接她。他們會用到兩個常用語:take one for the team和fat chance.

Larry: Lihua, how did your tests go?

LH: 考得不錯!現在我已經等不及開始春假啦!

Larry: That's great to hear, because I have some awesome plans for us this week!

LH: 太好了! 你有什麽好主意?

Larry: We're going camping with my high school buddies!

LH: 啊?和你的高中同學出去露營?

Larry: That's right!

LH: 我可不想去。

Larry: What?? Why not?

LH: 你們那些男生在一起就會喝啤酒聊棒球,我也插不上嘴,沒意思。

Larry: What's so wrong with that? Besides, Mike and Jason are both bringing their girlfriends - I can't go without you. Can't you just take one for the team?

LH: The team? 什麽團隊?你在說什麽?

Larry: To take one for the team means to make a sacrifice for the good of your group or team.

LH: 哦,to take one for the team就是為了團隊的利益犧牲自己的利益。你的高中同學都帶女朋友去,如果我能跟你去露營,雖然自己可能覺得沒趣兒,但是你會高興,對不對?

Larry: Yes. Here's another example. If you're working on a group project with your classmates, and you agree to do a really tedious part of the project that no one else wants to do, you'd be taking one for the team.

LH: 哦,在團隊作業中,如果我自願完成最無聊的、別人都不願意做的那個部分,我就是take one for the team - 為了整個團隊能完成作業,自己吃虧嘍!

Larry: That's right! So are you going to take one for the team by going on the camping trip with me?

LH: 可是Larry, 我不懂棒球,也不喝酒,去了我會悶死的...

Larry: Come on, Lihua...Can't you just take one for the team this once? I'm sure you will have a good time talking to my friends' girlfriends.

LH: Larry, 我還是不去了。

Larry: Fine, Lihua. You're a horrible teammate.

LH: Larry, 你別生氣。其實春假我已經有安排了,我要為中國學生會的端午節龍舟賽作準備工作啊。

Larry: The Dragonboat Festival? Isn't that months away?

LH: 沒錯,是還有好幾個月呢,但是我現在就得開始找場地了啊! 對了,我想起來了,你春假也不能閑著,得開車帶我四處去聯絡比賽場地!

Larry: Pfff! Fat Chance!

LH: Fat? Chance?? 你是什麽意思?

Larry: No! Fat chance means no chance. Why should I help you out when you won't go camping with me?

LH: 啊?Fat Chance就是沒可能?你不幫忙啊! 真差勁!

Larry: Hmm. It seems we both need each other to do something for the other. Are you sure you won't take one for the team and come camping with me and my friends?

LH: Fat Chance! 我堅決不去跟你露營! Larry, 你不是已經答應中國學生會的同學,說好要幫忙的麽?怎麽能不算話?

Larry: Well, I -

LH: Why don't you take one for the team? 你怎麽不犧牲一下?

Larry: Oh, alright. I guess I should stay and help since I already promised. But, will you at least come camping with us sometime this summer?

LH: Fat chance!

Larry: What about next year?

Larry:...Will you ever stop saying "fat chance"?

Larry: - OK, Lihua. I get the idea! Man, I should have never taught you this phrase.

LH: 哈哈哈! Larry, 你氣得胡子都翹起來了! 我跟你開玩笑的! 一直以來,你總是耐心地教我英文,我很感激呢!Thanks for taking one for the team and being patient with me!

Larry: Yea yea, whatever. Just remember - you owe me one. There's going to come a day when I will need you to do something you might not want to do to help me out, and I'll expect you to take one for the team, OK?

今天李華學了兩個常用語。一個是take one for the team,意思是“為了別人犧牲自己的利益”。另一個是fat chance,意思是“不可能”。

Words and Phrases

1. to take one for the team
就是為了團隊的利益犧牲自己的利益

To take one for the team means to make a sacrifice for the good of your group or team.

If you're working on a group project with your classmates, and you agree to do a really tedious part of the project that no one else wants to do, you'd be taking one for the team.

2. Fat chance
就是沒可能

---It seems we both need each other to do something for the other. Are you sure you won't take one for the team and come camping with me and my friends?

---Fat Chance! Larry: Well, I -

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”