repost. Please help to give some advice.

來源: zhiqinli2001 2011-10-09 07:18:14 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2775 bytes)

I have posted the mold and a lot of other problems in the apartment I rent from a very big real estate company in OH. Now the landlord complained to the court to release the deposits I deposited there for these three months. I have the following questions and please give me some advice.

1) Do I need an attorney specilizing in tenant-landlord law? My attorney is a general law practitioner referred by my hu*****and's employer's legal assistance service, and one of my neighbor told me that a good lawyer is very important to win the case. But how could I know whether my lawyer is good enough or not.

2)Do I have to write down the words "I will deposit my rent in court" in the notice I wrote to landlord?

3)Can I prepare the explaination by myself? My lawyer charged me $600 to get started. I don't know what means to get started. It means he will charge more only on this explaination in the future? The deposit is about $4000 and I don't know whether it deserves to ask a lawyer to do that or not. By the way, I have 2 reports from Board of Health, and have numerous statements from my neighbors complaining about molds, all kinds of pests, all kinds of leakage, peeling painting or ceiling, even exposed elctrical wire and mice. Am I able to do it by myself? Do I have to cite a lot of contents from law while doing that by myself?

4)The landlord or the building technician is allowed to make a story? Are they allowed to lie on court? They make different stories everyday and the one they submitted to court should be the final version, but I have a bunch of witnesses to show that what they said is not the truth. However, facing the stories made ridiculously and absurdly so much, I still can't help to getting mad.

5)If what the landlord said is different from what the witness said, who the judge will believe?

6)What means inhabitable? Mold extensive growth on the whole exterior wall, peeling ceilling and painting here and there, leaking problems here and there, numerous pests, numerous brick cracks/deterioation, rusted problems everywhere and other problems can be defined as inhabitable or not?

7) I have doctor's statement that my hu*****and has breathing problems, the IgE antibody to the environmental mold in his blood has been detected, and both of my kids have allergic problems which could be worsened by environmental allergen. Are these enough to say that the mold has affected my family's health?

8) Shall I continue with this case? My hu*****and complained that our life has been affected seriously and I shouldn't spend so much time on that. I know he is right but I just can't believe how shameless those people are.

Thanks so much and every suggestion will be appreciated!

所有跟帖: 

回複:repost. Please help to give some advice. -有感而發- 給 有感而發 發送悄悄話 (675 bytes) () 10/09/2011 postreply 08:54:49

Thank you! -zhiqinli2001- 給 zhiqinli2001 發送悄悄話 (1292 bytes) () 10/09/2011 postreply 11:28:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”