Such police report -----What to do?

來源: 莫等閑 2010-06-10 11:47:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5219 bytes)
ACCIDENT TIME: Around 9:06PM on June 09 2010
ACCIDENT LOCATION: Immediately infront of the Capital Bank at 1279 Route 46 East, Parsippany, NJ.
WEATHER: RAINING
DAMAGE TO MY CAR: Mirror on the driver's side was broken, Body on the left side was scratched.
PASSENGER'S STATUS: I was the driver, my wife was sitting behind me. My 2-year-old son was sitting beside my wife. On the right side of my son was my 8-year-old daughter. My mother-in-law was sitting beside the driver's seat. Fortunately, nobody was injured.
WHAT HAPPENED: I made a right turn on to route 46 east. Several seconds later when I was driving on RT 46 East, I suddently heard two continuous "BANG" sounds which scared my son such that he cried. Then I saw a car (Gray) passed me with carzy speed from my left side. Then I realized that he hit my car. At that time, he was about 30 meters away from me already. Then I started to chase him. He drove so fast that our distance was increasing even if I pressed my gas pad tightly. Fortunately, the traffic light before turned to red. The driver had to stop at the red light. But he/she switched two lanes to the right side trying to make a right turn. He/She couldn't make it because some car was before him/her. He/She had to stop completely at the traffic light. I followed him/her to that lane. And then my wife got out of our car. She went to the hit-and-run driver and told her (the driver was a lady) that she hit our car. The hit-and-run driver said that she knew. Then my wife asked her why did she run? She replied that she wanted to stop in the shopping mall. At this time, the traffic light turned to green. The hit-and-run driver wanted to go again. My wife was trying to stop her. Then the hit-and-run driver told my wife to get into her car. So, my wife got into her car and I followed her. While in her car, my wife called 911 and reported the accident. When she finally stopped beside the APPLE BEE fast food store, I stopped two cars beside her car. She got out of the car and said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to run. I have two baby, you scared me." to me. I didn't reply to her. My wife got out from her car and handed me her cell phone and told me to talk to the police. I told the police man the location where we parked our cars. When the policemen came, one officer first went to the lady and asked her something because the lady was crying. (I don't know what did the lady say to the officer.) In two minutes later, the officer came to me and took my driver's license, insurance card and registration card. And asked me what happened. I told him. And he then went to the other driver again. In about 20 miuntes, the officer came back to me. He gave me back all my documents and a small card which had information for the court. And then he said I am free to go. My wife was surprised and asked him: " That's it? Then what about the damage to my car?" The other officer told us that they will send the report to the records bureau. I will need to call at the "RECORDS BUREAU" for the report. When the report is ready, we will need to get the report and send that report to my insurance company. In the meantime, we will need to call my insurance company either tonight or tomorrow.

When I left, the hit-and-run driver and the policemen officers were still there.

This morning, I went to the police office to get the report. To my surprise, The report described like this:

"While vehicle #1 (hit-and-run driver's car) was travelling East on route 46, it was struck on the passenger side by vehicle #2's (my car) drvie side. Vehicle # 2 was entering onto route 46 East from Grage Road, Police investigation revealed through driver | (I don't know if this is 1 or |) witness statements. The collision occured due to driver #2's inattentation, as well as failure to yield right of way to vehicle #1. "

Oh my god. if it was my fault, why should I chase the runner driver? Why should the other driver ran? Why should I call 911 for the accident? When we caught the runner, she said that she wanted to stop in the shopping mall. But she only changed lane at the traffic light when she was completely stopped. If she really wanted to stop at the shopping mall, she should have changed lane before she stopped. It was about 0.4 miles from the accident location to the traffic light (I estimated it this morning when I went to get the accident report). And there are several entrances to the shopping mall before the traffic light. She had several chances to get into the shopping mall if she really meant to stop in the shopping mall. And there are wide should way on route 46 east for her to stop if she really meant to stop.

Obviousely, I was cheated by the police officer. I said I don't agree with what was reported on the report. The lady who give me the report told me that the police officer who wrote the report is the only person who can make the chages. If I don't agree, I will need to talk to the police officer. I really don't think the police officer who wrote the report will make any changes.

What am I going to do?

Any suugestions will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

所有跟帖: 

Put a camera standby in your car ... in the future -Man40- 給 Man40 發送悄悄話 (230 bytes) () 06/10/2010 postreply 16:40:50

回複:Such police report -----What to do? -sotired- 給 sotired 發送悄悄話 (831 bytes) () 06/10/2010 postreply 19:10:38

回複:回複:Such police report -----What to do? -莫等閑- 給 莫等閑 發送悄悄話 (1659 bytes) () 06/11/2010 postreply 08:20:10

回複:回複回複:Such police report -----What to do? -sotired- 給 sotired 發送悄悄話 (601 bytes) () 06/11/2010 postreply 18:46:15

回複:回複:回複回複:Such police report -----What to do? -莫等閑- 給 莫等閑 發送悄悄話 (1572 bytes) () 06/11/2010 postreply 20:35:10

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”