Let me try again!

來源: jiajia123 2009-04-23 10:40:49 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2063 bytes)
As a young woman with English as our second language, we do have weaknesses. Being young or looked young, being a female, speaking English with accents, these all are not crucial for the management position, but lacking of management experience can easily be the point to drag you down.

To change this impression, your confidence is extremely important. You want to confident about yourself, confident that you can handling your future work, confident you can manage your team well, and confident that you would be responsible for the upper management. And also, as a fact, no matter how confident you are, you still lack of experience, and how to improve it - through learning. You can learn from your boss, you can learn from your boss's boss, learn good management skills from them, avoid the not so good things from them. The quick way to grab the high level management skills and knowledge is through training and reading books. Normally, this kinds of training are very expensive, couple days training can be easily over $10k, and many companies nowadays stopped to provide it to their employee who potentially will be in management role . There are many books in the market you can find and read to enhance your management skills. There are certain topics you want to focus when you read: How to handle the hard situations in the work (fast growth/down in business, change direction of the business, large project with tight deadline, lower the cost with increase of work, etc. ), how to deal with difficult employees, How to prioritize multiple tasks, Time management...etc. After the homework, your communication skills have to be good. You would need to express what you learned as your own experience, and communicate clearly and accurately.

As you mentioned that you dressed older in the interview, my personal opinion is dress professionally, and beautifully. Everybody would feel pleasant to meet and talk with a beautiful woman. Some people will forgot her small mistakes when interviewing the beautiful woman.

Thanks.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks again. I've printed your suggestions. -jennybunny- 給 jennybunny 發送悄悄話 jennybunny 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2009 postreply 10:53:45

Very incisive. Thanks for sharing! -palmtree- 給 palmtree 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/25/2009 postreply 12:01:38

bravo, Jiajia!! --回複:Let me try again! -fanren_bufan- 給 fanren_bufan 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/28/2009 postreply 11:31:10

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”