Let me try...

來源: jiajia123 2009-04-23 08:31:12 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1890 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ jiajia123 ] 在 2009-04-23 08:54:34 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
First, I would ask - if Paul has acted as director for a year, why do you guys not promote him? I assume they would tell why Paul is not fit for this position, such as he is strong technically, but not good enough in management skills, etc. Then I would put Paul's weakness as my strength. I would briefly analysis the reaction of Paul to the new boss which he has been doing all new boss's function for one year. Paul may show resistance, and may resist for the work as well. I understand all these. I would have the first one on one talk with Paul, and I will let him know that he is still the most important member of the team, my success and the whole team's success will depend on him. I will closely work with him to get started for the new job. I would like to keep him in the team, and respect him as much as I can. However, if after couple month he will still resist to the work (I do not care if his resist to me for first couple month) I will talk with him seriously and may raise the issue to upper management.

For the second question, I would try to find out first why this employee is under performed. The possible reasons will include weak technical skills, given less responsibility then his actual ability, not fit into the work environment (such as poor peer relationship), was evaluated unfairly, or even personal life has something going on. After find out the under performed the reason, then I would find the solutions to resolve the problem accordingly. Such as lack of technical skills, I would arrange the necessary training for him, appointed a mentor for him, given some low level technical job to this employee while his is try to improve his technical skills. Please be note, we expect the team members have different levels and different personalities, it's matters how we manage them accordingly.

Wish above will help you a little!

所有跟帖: 

I've learnt a lot from your suggestions -- thanks. -jennybunny- 給 jennybunny 發送悄悄話 jennybunny 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2009 postreply 08:37:22

回複:Let me try... -jennybunny- 給 jennybunny 發送悄悄話 jennybunny 的博客首頁 (366 bytes) () 04/23/2009 postreply 08:46:19

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”