answer to question 3 &4

來源: lovewind 2006-03-23 19:18:40 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2071 bytes)
(3) In case I don't get my Maple card in May, I heard I can drive a private vehicle into Canada without the maple card, is rental car regarded as private vehicle?

I guess that you still want to get maple card, right? That is the process to get that.
Do you have canadian address? any address from relative or friends who can forward mails to you. If there is no address at all, try to get some paid service somewhere.
But even if you have a Canadian address, the INS officer might not initiate the maple card application process for you if he/she thinks that you are not going to live in Canada. You don't need to argue with him/her since it is useless.
However, after you landed in Canada, you can call the canadian INS number from the official webpage and provided them with your address. Therefore they will issue you a maple card. Then you ask your friend to send it to you once it is ready. Remember, it is your right to get maple card as a permanent resident of Canada. Don't give that up.

If you have maple card, you can enter Canada through aircraft. If not, you can still use your landing paper to enter Canada from U. S. in a non-commercial vehicle. A rental car is non-commericial in that circumstance. Remember, without maple card, you can only enter Canada through U.S.

(4) If I do drive my own car in May into Canada, I read sth on this forum saying I will be requested to import my car, what does that mean? Do I have to pay tariff? Can I then drive my own car back to US?

It is possible that you will be asked to import your car. There are options for you: 1. drive your own car and try your luck. If you are not asked to import that, you are lucky. If you are asked, probably you have to import that. 2. Drive a rental car. They can't ask you to import that car. However, INS might think that you don't want to stay permanently since you are driving a car rented from U.S. But I don't think that they will refuse your landing. And after you land, you can always get your maple card.

Good luck.

所有跟帖: 

回複:answer to question 3 &4 -sunnyman01- 給 sunnyman01 發送悄悄話 (707 bytes) () 03/23/2006 postreply 20:24:19

回複:回複:answer to question 3 &4 -lovewind- 給 lovewind 發送悄悄話 (1289 bytes) () 03/24/2006 postreply 10:47:54

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”