news: BNT chief said Pfizer vaccine works against Indian variant

來源: fuz 2021-04-29 01:55:00 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3086 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ fuz ] 在 2021-04-29 02:31:35 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

BioNTech chief ‘confident’ Pfizer vaccine works against Indian virus strain

https://www.timesofisrael.com/biontech-chief-confident-pfizer-vaccine-works-against-indian-virus-strain/

Ugur Sahin, co-founder of company that jointly developed leading COVID-19 inoculation, says shots have proved effective against other similar mutations

“We are still testing the Indian variant, but the Indian variant has mutations that we have already tested for and which our vaccine works against, so I am confident,” said Sahin.

“The vaccine is cleverly built and I’m convinced the bulwark will hold. And if we have to strengthen the bulwark again, then we will do it, that I’m not worried about,” he added.

Pfizer CEO optimistic about vaccine 'controlling' Indian variant

https://www.theweek.in/news/health/2021/04/24/pfizer-ceo-optimistic-about-vaccine-controlling-indian-variant.html

Bourla said Pfizer had access to large amounts of data about new COVID-19 variants. "We have already data for the UK one—I hate using the [names of] countries, but people know them like that—which is very prominent in Israel... efficiency was 97 per cent... We have data from South Africa, with the South African variant, and overall the efficacy was 100 per cent. And also have data from Brazil. And it looks also this is very well controlled," Bourla told AFP.

Pfizer has not compiled sufficient data on the efficiency of its vaccine against the Indian variant. However, Bourla told AFP Pfizer's mRNA technology, used in the vaccine, can be adapted to counter new mutations.

"The thing that makes me feel more comfortable is that we have developed a process that once a variant becomes a variant of concern, we should be able to have a new vaccine within 100 days. It's a tough target, but I am very comfortable that we should be able to do it. And because of the effectiveness of this mRNA technology, I believe that variants will not become an issue; we'll be able to control them," Bourla told AFP.

Earlier this week, an Israeli official said the Pfizer vaccine had a degree of efficiency against the double mutant COVID-19 version from India.

所有跟帖: 

對,印度毒株包括英國毒株和南非毒株的那兩個變異。既然疫苗對那兩個毒株有效,對印度毒株有效也是大概率事件。 -viewfinder- 給 viewfinder 發送悄悄話 viewfinder 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/29/2021 postreply 04:04:08

有用也沒用。產能跟不上,德國自己注射率就低,其他歐洲國家和美國還沒能都cover。 -清水勝濃茶- 給 清水勝濃茶 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/29/2021 postreply 05:12:15

其實,俺讚同輝瑞的作法,對於新種類疫苗的生產要嚴格控製,寧缺毋濫。jj外放,結果被合作廠的事故搞得焦頭爛額、信譽掃地 -fuz- 給 fuz 發送悄悄話 fuz 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/29/2021 postreply 06:04:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”