吃哪種鹽好?Table salt還是Pink Himalayan Sea Salt?

來源: 閩姑 2014-08-22 05:03:14 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (6939 bytes)

Pass the Salt (But Not That Pink Himalayan Stuff)

來源: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/pass-the-salt-but-not-that-pink-himalayan-stuff/#more-32987

文章是對前幾天新聞報道的三篇關於鹽的研究(可以加大食鹽的攝入量到3--5 g a day)的一些質疑. 感興趣者可以點擊以上鏈接讀全文.

但我在這裏隻節選他最後麵加的這段Bonus question: What kind of salt should we use? (我們應該選用哪種鹽?)

健康壇裏也討論過各種鹽的好壞. 推薦某些品牌的鹽比普通的table salt好, 至少是口味, 還含有其它微量礦物質等等......我們來讀一讀這位作者的說法:

Bonus question: What kind of salt should we use?

A related question is whether some kinds of salt are healthier than others. Sea salt, table salt, kosher salt, flavored salt, fleur de sel, Hiwa Kai, Black Hawaiian Sea Salt, Kala Namak, “organic salt,” and Pink Himalayan Sea Salt are all basically the same chemical, sodium chloride. Only the trace amounts of other substances vary. Table salt is fortified with iodine and is a highly effective way to prevent iodine deficiency and goiter. Gourmet cooks swear by the taste differences of different salt varieties. Pink Himalayan sea salt was introduced to me by an e-mail correspondent who questioned the claim that it contained “84 trace minerals that promote health and well being.” I questioned it too, so I did a little research.

Mike Adams, the infamous Health Ranger, explains that Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt contains the full complement of minerals and trace elements “just like Mother Earth intended.” It is an unrefined, unprocessed raw salt mined by hand from salt caves that formed 250 million years ago as ocean salt settled into geologic pockets. It is stone-ground, which apparently doesn’t count as “processing.” Table salt is bad stuff, you see, since it was processed to remove all the good stuff and then they had to replace the iodine because people who ate it started to get goiters. Oh, and incidentally he sells the good stuff on his website and even offers a discount.

I found
a website that reports the results of a spectral analysis. I think this is where the claim comes from. Even if this analysis is accurate, it is meaningless for health and if anything is worrisome. The amount of minerals in it is too minuscule to make any difference, and we already get plenty of the same trace minerals from other elements of the diet. They claim that two double-blind studies were done, but no such studies are listed in PubMed. There is NO evidence published in peer-reviewed journals that replacing white salt with pink salt makes a shred of difference or leads to any improvement in health.

If you read down the list of minerals, you will notice that it includes a number of radioactive substances like radium, uranium, and polonium. It also includes substances that act as poisons, like thallium. I wouldn’t be worried, since the amounts are so small; but if anyone believes the trace amounts of “good” minerals in Himalayan sea salt are good for you, why would they not believe the trace amounts of poisons and radioactive substances are bad for you?

The claim that pink Himalayan salt contains 84 trace minerals may be true, but the claim that it “promotes health and wellness” is false until proven otherwise by legitimate clinical studies. While waiting for evidence, I’d just as soon my salt didn’t contain uranium.

也有許多美國人關心的幾個分類的討論:

Acupuncture

Chiropractic

Herbs & Supplements

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Dr. Oz and Nutritional Supplements (HBO)
(這個show裏提到Supplements隻有出事了時FDA才出來亡羊補牢)

所有跟帖: 

哈哈,我家有一瓶一模一樣的,買了小半年還沒打開。這鹽要磨一下,菜做好了撒點還行,不方便大規模炒菜用。 -viewfinder- 給 viewfinder 發送悄悄話 viewfinder 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/22/2014 postreply 05:35:23

嗬嗬,等你打開用過後說說口感. -閩姑- 給 閩姑 發送悄悄話 閩姑 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/22/2014 postreply 07:10:06

據大廚說味道更柔和,沒有苦澀味兒。不過估計俺嚐不出什麽區別。 -viewfinder- 給 viewfinder 發送悄悄話 viewfinder 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/22/2014 postreply 07:36:35

所含放射性元素,也是全天然的。 -TBz- 給 TBz 發送悄悄話 TBz 的博客首頁 (134 bytes) () 08/22/2014 postreply 10:07:20

所以說我的用詞很精確,天然+傳統 -littlecat8- 給 littlecat8 發送悄悄話 littlecat8 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/22/2014 postreply 10:14:53

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”