Former President Donald Trump says, if elected again, he won’t retain Jerome Powell as Federal Reserve chair. 

What You Need To Know

• Former President Donald Trump says, if elected again, he won’t retain Jerome Powell as Federal Reserve chair

• Trump told Fox News he believes Powell is “political,” adding, “I think he's going to do something to probably help the Democrats, I think, if he lowers interest rates”

• Trump nominated Powell to head the nation’s central bank in November 2017, but he routinely criticized Powell over raising interest rates

• Powell said Wednesday is not concerned about Republican criticism of him

Trump told Fox News he believes Powell is “political,” adding, “I think he's going to do something to probably help the Democrats, I think, if he lowers interest rates.”

The full interview will be broadcast this weekend on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures.” A preview clip was shown Friday on Fox Business’ “Mornings With Maria.”

Trump nominated Powell to head the nation’s central bank in November 2017, and the Senate confirmed Powell in January 2018. 

But the former president routinely criticized Powell over raising interest rates.