HR發了一個文件認簽,有點拿不準

來源: 9876543 2017-08-31 22:26:34 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (13689 bytes)

EMPLOYMENT AT-WILL AND MUTUAL ARBITRATION AGREEMENT

1. It is hereby agreed by and between myself and xxx LLC (hereinafter the "Company") that my employment shall not be for any specific duration and either the Company or I may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, with or without cause.  This express at-will acknowledgement supersedes any and all prior representations or understandings, whether written or oral, express or implied, between the Company and me. 

2. I further agree and acknowledge that the Company and I will utilize binding arbitration as the sole and exclusive means to resolve all disputes that may arise out of or be related in any way to my employment, including but not limited to the termination of my employment and my compensation.  The Company and I each specifically waive and relinquish our respective rights to bring a claim against the other in a court of law, and this waiver shall be equally binding on any person who represents or seeks to represent me or the Company in a lawsuit against the other in a court of law.  Both I and the Company agree that any claim, dispute, and/or controversy that I may have against Company (or its owners, directors, officers, managers, employees, or agents), or the Company may have against me, shall be submitted to and determined exclusively by binding arbitration under the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), in conformity with the procedures of the California Arbitration Act (Cal. Code Civ. Proc. sec 1280 et seq., including section 1283.05 and all of the Act’s other mandatory and permissive rights to discovery).  The FAA applies to this agreement because the Company’s business involves interstate commerce.  Specifically, the Company’s business affects interstate commerce because the Company receives funding from the federal government and associations located in various states other than California; its employees travel across state lines; and it promotes its business in various states.  The Company will pay for all costs unique to arbitration.  Included within the scope of this Agreement are all disputes, whether based on tort, contract, statute (including, but not limited to, any claims of discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation, whether they be based on the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, or any other state or federal law or regulation), equitable law, or otherwise.  The only exception to the requirement of binding arbitration shall be for claims arising under the National Labor Relations Act which are brought before the National Labor Relations Board, claims for medical and disability benefits under the California Workers’ Compensation Act, Employment Development Department claims, or as may otherwise be required by state or federal law.  However, nothing herein shall prevent me from filing and pursuing proceedings before the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, or the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (although if I choose to pursue a claim following the exhaustion of such administrative remedies, that claim would be subject to the provisions of this Agreement).  By this binding arbitration provision, both I and the Company give up our respective rights to trial by jury of any claim I or the Company (or its owners, directors, officers, managers, employees, or agents) may have against the other that may arise out of or be related in any way to my employment.  

3. All claims brought under this binding arbitration agreement shall be brought in the individual capacity of myself or the Company.  This binding arbitration agreement shall not be construed to allow or permit the consolidation or joinder of other claims or controversies involving any other employees, or permit such claims or controversies to proceed as a class action, collective action, or any similar representative action.  No arbitrator shall have the authority under this agreement to order any such class or representative action.  By signing this agreement, I am agreeing to waive any substantive or procedural rights that I may have to bring an action on a class, collective, representative or other similar basis, with the exception of an action under the Private Attorneys General Act.  

4. I acknowledge that this agreement is not intended to interfere with my rights to collectively bargain, to engage in protected, concerted activity, or to exercise other rights protected under the National Labor Relations Act, and that I will not be subject to disciplinary action of any kind for opposing the arbitration provisions of this Agreement.

5. This arbitration agreement will prevent me from participating in class action lawsuits that have been filed, or may be filed against the Company (including any judgment that might be entered or settlement that might be reached in such actions).

6. In addition to any other requirements imposed by law, the arbitrator selected shall be a retired California Superior Court Judge, or an otherwise qualified individual to whom the Parties mutually agree, and shall be subject to disqualification on the same grounds as would apply to a judge of such court.  All rules of pleading (including the right of demurrer), all rules of evidence, all rights to resolution of the dispute by means of motions for summary judgment, judgment on the pleadings, and judgment under Code of Civil Procedure Section 631.8 shall apply and be observed.  The arbitrator shall have the immunity of a judicial officer from civil liability when acting in the capacity of an arbitrator, which immunity supplements any other existing immunity.  Likewise, all communications during or in connection with the arbitration proceedings are privileged in accordance with Cal. Civil Code Section 47(b).  As reasonably required to allow full use and benefit of this agreement’s modifications to the Act’s procedures, the arbitrator shall extend the times set by the Act for the giving of notices and setting of hearings.  Awards shall include the arbitrator’s written reasoned opinion.  Resolution of all disputes shall be based solely upon the law governing the claims and defenses pleaded, and the arbitrator may not invoke any basis (including but not limited to, notions of “just cause”) other than such controlling law.  

7. This is the entire agreement between myself and the Company regarding dispute resolution, the length of my employment, and the reasons for termination of my employment, and this agreement supersedes any and all prior agreements regarding these issues.  Oral representations or agreements made before or after my employment do not alter this Agreement.

所有跟帖: 

這是標準的東西。簽字吧!沒有問題的 -fazcsco- 給 fazcsco 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2017 postreply 02:02:34

感覺比別的公司更嚴格 -9876543- 給 9876543 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2017 postreply 08:19:38

Sign. No much harm to you. You won't go that far to any arbitrat -yuyun- 給 yuyun 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2017 postreply 04:58:21

希望如此吧,謝謝 -9876543- 給 9876543 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2017 postreply 08:19:53

賣身契簽就簽吧 -julie116- 給 julie116 發送悄悄話 julie116 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2017 postreply 12:27:36

這說的是如果有爭議,不走 court system,而是走 arbitrator。和賣不賣身有什麽關係? -yuyun- 給 yuyun 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2017 postreply 13:48:43

如果有行業仲裁也可以啊 -julie116- 給 julie116 發送悄悄話 julie116 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2017 postreply 14:25:20

其實我覺得對我沒啥約束,我感覺我啥也做不出來 -9876543- 給 9876543 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2017 postreply 15:11:17

工作主要還是個關係問題。關係好了有醫生罩著你給你發工資就夠了。大部分人還是混日子 -julie116- 給 julie116 發送悄悄話 julie116 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/01/2017 postreply 15:57:02

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”