based on my own experience... social skill plus 我親愛的同包的拆台,

回答: 很多國人在美國職場上不順的根源叢林老狼2015-03-08 13:14:40

I had been work in US for almost 20 years now, many years within two companies. My parent teach me to be honest and help others. So at work, I work hard ( and I am kind of smart) and help others. I run into three cases 我親愛的同胞背後拆我的台。 Also, there are 同胞 think I should help them regardless, but then the look good.
One case, there is one guy with mechanical PH.D with computer seience master joined our group ( I am in embedded device design filed, with BSEE and MSEE, adn working in this field ever since I graduated), veru pround of himself. Soon viewed me as competetor - in front of me, say many good word, give me moon case, give my son candy ( sometime I bring my son to work when have too), etc. On the back, he talk to my boos, my college, including chinese fellow how bad I am on techinical. I find out be accident, and confronted him. He thought must someone fellow chinese told me, he run to a lady that he think is close to me and asking "why she tell me...". What a jerk.. But from managemnt point of view, we two did not get along. I was told that, if I did not get along with him, will go to HR. Regardless my performance - I fix others failure... I can do something in two weeks while others need 2 month, half year, or a year but still failed; I save the company money by optimized a commercial stack to meet performance requirements ( the commercial asking for additional 100K to only improvement 10% ) ...

Another case, there is this Chinese lady just join our team as marketing, at that time I am viewed as a technical go to person (also the project design leader), and our project is a high profile project which everyone want to be on. I was so busy at other projects but soon will end. One day she asked me,"are you busy?", I said yes, but will be over soon, and my bose told be to join a month later. She said, " oh, I will ask for a different person". AS a marketing person, she should stand normal, but the she only report the bad thing back form customer to my boss, not the good thing!

My boss lost to a India guy at the end, becasue feedback from customer not too good, one project in his group went to really bad. Now I am working for the India guy. Only few weeks, I find out that he is really generous to protect himself, and make other group bad. One example is: when collaborate with other group, sometime agreed "if you guys do not support, it is ok and we will do..", But back to his department, he will report to the upper management that,"they does not want to support us.." YOu see the difference.

Still, I want to be honest at work, and home.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!