轉:惠普中國區歧視性裁員,部門經理公開信告知30萬員工!

來源: 蛇蠍子子 2014-07-15 23:45:18 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (61709 bytes)
又一次在新聞上看到了歧視國人的消息,Fox新聞台的種族主義和排外言論讓人震驚。近日同樣的歧視國人案例又一次發生在知名的美國IT巨頭惠普身上

2014617日惠普在十分鍾內緊急裁撤中國TS研發部門並以保密為由拒絕提供任何解釋,驚魂未定的惠普人隨後發現全球5TS研發部門僅僅中國全員被裁,美國,德國,愛爾蘭和印度的部門非但沒人任何人員的裁減,美國和德國的部門立即開始招聘新人來填補中國人離開的缺口。在中國員工的一直要求下,惠普官方被迫給出的裁員的原因竟是讓人啼笑皆非的節約成本。為什麽惠普這次裁員迅速且保密,如此急不可耐的如後媽般轟走曾經奮鬥多年的中國員工?所有的中國員工都需要一個答案。隨後711日惠普公司中國區的該部門經理發表了一封致惠普總裁的公開信。信中揭露了惠普公司某高級副總裁針對中國區員工涉嫌種族和國別歧視的的裁員行為。此信件迅速的在惠普全球三十萬員工中傳播並很快在國內外眾多社交網站上展開激烈討論。來自世界各地的惠普員工紛紛表達了對此次事件的關切,以及對這次種族歧視行為的譴責。

作為第一家進入中國的外資公司,作為一家美國矽穀象征並強調社會責任的公司,為何一再在中國問題上犯錯?是中國病了還是惠普病了?這個問題值得惠普以及所有在中國的跨國企業深思。

附HP上海被裁部門經理Kevin Li 發給HP CEO Meg Whitman 的原文:

Dear Meg Whitman,

My name is Kevin Li, I am a manager in TS RnD China site. I am very sorry to bother you again, but I believe this should be the last time that I have opportunity to send mail to you, since I and other colleagues will leave our company—HP in a few days, which we once loved so deeply. A little bit sad, but no more choice.

Hewlett Packard is a sign of culture and spirit rather than Helion, Haven or Moonshot. Here, “HP Way” is a model for how we act, how we treat others, and the way we conduct business.  SBC is the bottom line of our behaviors, if anyone violates SBC, whoever he/she is, the VP or SVP, should be punished. We used to believe that HP is responsible for his own staff and his mission. This is the source of passion, dedication and loyalty. If cheat and conspiracy do not violate HP’s moral standards, if racial discrimination and betrayal behavior do not need to assume the SBC consequences, is HP still a company of honor? We are using the turnaround of moral in exchange for the turnaround of revenue, is it what we want?

Please allow me to briefly introduce what we experienced in these days again, you can find more details in the mail loop:

Background:

TS RnD is focused on Foundation care/Proactive care/Datacenter care solution for HP enterprise devices. These are the core business in TS.  TS RnD China site is one of the largest site in this business unit.   People from this site are involved in the product development at almost every product. China team is proven as a team with positive attitude, solid knowledge and outstanding performance in the past. This is the reason that all of people were asked to transfer from HPIT to TS RnD under no condition two years ago. 

Official Decision:

On June, 17th, The VP announced that the whole china site was closed in ten-minutes All Hands Meeting which included a “non-answered” Q&A session.  Then, all of Chinese colleagues in TS RnD China Site were forced to stop any works immediately, sign the “agreement” in three days and leave HP as soon as possible. Meanwhile, TS RnD will backfill and hire more people in Germany, US, Ireland and India. 

Key Decision makers:

Name

Title

Role

Site

Otto Roerden

Vice President

Decision maker

Germany

Paddy Medley

Director

Decision maker

Ireland

Scott Weller

Senior President

Approver

United States

Official explanation:

Reducing costs and optimizing the allocation of resource

Comment: Fire Chinese and hire new people in Germany, US, Ireland and India, reducing costs?  Close the biggest site with all knowledge of all products and rebuild this knowledge in a new team in other sites, optimizing resource?

Real Reason:

Racial and national origin discrimination and the political scandal

Comment: a typical project team in TS RnD is mostly like a football team in The FA Premier League. The teammates who are coming from different country play on different position. If the League announces that all American players are forbidden in the whole league. What is your thought, Meg?

Although this is known to all that we couldn’t change anything at all: comparing with the whole HP, one hundred people’s voice is too weak to be heard; comparing with the SVP and VP, my grade is too low to impact the final decision. We cannot survive in this mismatched war. However we believe there is still someone in HP who will feel ashamed on this dirty trick and there is still someone in HP who will stand up as us when he/she is suffered unfair treatment.

We decide to quit this company which was once regarded as the platform we could “make it matter”, light the passion and share the dream.  But till now, it’s hard to say bye to all of friends here. HP is a great company with lots of talented people, but HP is also a place with extreme complicated organization structure and always “make it mad”.  We are all HP employees who deserve to be treated with respect and recognition. Today, however, the company is not setting a good example.

In the end, I propose to carefully consider the following suggestions:

1. When leadership begin to lay off 16,000 employees in the coming quarters, please make sure that all things are in the way of openness, transparency, participation, and for the company's interests. The target is not only to reduce the cost number in the financial report, but also to aim with efforts for higher productivity. 

2. For Racial and other political reasons, the behavior against the company and individual should be banned and the relevant personnel should take the consequences, whatever his rank is and social relations are.

3. Never cover up another mistake with a mistake.

4. HP way is proved by action but not fine words.

For the discrimination behavior that we experienced in HP, we reserve the right to appeal by China and U.S. law.

Kevin Li  On Behalf Of all colleagues in China TS RnD center

Cell: 86-13661661926

E-mail:kevinlee2010@hotmail.com

Wechat: kevinlee999999

Sina Weibo:  為了忘卻的紀念617

PS: Tencent and Sina should pay for advertising to me

Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:55 AM
To: PDL EGTS RD SH RAE
Subject: 
回複SBC裁定郵件

以下是昨日回複SBC team的郵件:

收到高層回複,結果已定,且在HP的時日無多,本無需多言。但是今天收到同事來信,還是覺得作為經理,無力去保護自己團隊,讓他們接受不公正的待遇,非常慚愧。所以還是應該做些什麽。信件如下:

昨晚回到家,我再也控製不住自己,眼淚不住地往下流。為什麽要把我僅有的也奪走呢?

過去這兩年我經曆了太多變故,但是至少還有你們,還有HP一直讓我覺得很安心。今天早上醒來的一刹那,我在想昨天發生的事情究竟是昨晚的一場夢,還是真實存在的。直至此刻,我還在幻想會突然有人告訴我他們改變主意了。

可是,真的,一切都結束了。

依然清晰地記得,2012713日,來到hp的第一天,首先見到了Kevin,他穿著短褲,拖鞋,滿臉的笑容,Kevin帶我見了Kent, 竟然也是短褲,拖鞋.我想,這一定是我喜歡的地方。那天,Cloud頂著一個爆炸頭,很熱情地告訴我各種情況。青霞感冒了,穿著那件綠色格子襯衫,還很單純的樣子。我就坐在了他倆中間。

PAF2.0開始了,Rule,SBS,UI都慢慢變得熟悉起來jasper,john,youg,Jacky,Tim,Jim 也慢慢熟悉了,這是一個很隨和的team.對了,還有那個很拽的家夥,下午才來的一舟。後來我們迎來了rainnick.

我們一起吃飯,唱歌,那時我還臉皮很薄的,所以隻趁開始人少的時候哼了一曲,很抒情傷感的十年,沒有現在這麽暴力。若是放在大學時代,Team的酒文化我是很喜歡的,可惜在我不能喝酒的年代遇到了你們。

剛開始幾個月我還是鬥誌很足的,可惜好景不長。13年元旦之後的一天早上,前幾天的肚疼變得更加劇烈,尤其是當我走起路的時候,基本要走幾步歇一下。不知道當時的我腦子在想些什麽,我依然準備坐公交去公司。到了站點,眼看班車停靠點就在馬路對麵,我卻感覺腳下被粘住了,挪一步都困難,還好看到Jim,他扶我上了班車,到了公司。當然,隨後我還是去了醫院。

後來我被診斷為白塞病,因為血栓,我的腿不能再做劇烈運動。時至今日,公司的三層小樓,我也隻能一口氣上兩層。那段時間我坐著輪椅,我每天問自己,為什麽是我?當然沒有答案,我隻能從跟每天因車禍喪生的人們的比較中獲得一點寬慰。後來我發現這個問題毫無意義,我除了選擇接受它之外,根本沒有另外一個選項。

從小養成的積極的心態讓我很快去調整自己,我開始把注意力轉移到工作上。但是慢慢地我發現我開始有點力不從心,我的身體狀況讓我難以承受稍微忙一點的工作,也許我真的該放棄這又愛又恨的IT了。這麽久以來,感謝Cloud沒有讓我做很多的工作,同時也辛苦了青霞和大家。因為有你們,才讓我堅持到現在,你們給了我很多感動和快樂。

也許你們會發現,後來我變了,我變得話多了,我變得更加放得開,我開始在Ktv狂吼,我開始努力追求自己喜歡的東西。有朋友說:你變了,我不喜歡現在的你。但是,不管我怎麽做,都不可能讓所有人喜歡我,我又何必壓抑自己,討好別人,是時候為自己活了。

生活又開始正常起來,雖然它奪走了我很重要的東西,卻也給我留下了你們。每周五天和你們在一起的日子,感覺真好,我小心翼翼地珍惜著這每分每秒。卻不想在我們開開心心的旅行之後,它又給我們開了一個大玩笑。不要怪我哭泣,不要怪我不夠堅強,也許淚雨過後看到的世界才更清晰。

我最好的青春和最壞的時光都留在了HP我最好的青春和最壞的時光裏有你們。

最後的一些建議:

有些事,現在不去做,就再也不會做了,希望你們能堅持自己心中的夢想。有些人,錯過了,就真的錯過了。

健康當然很重要,遠離熬夜,珍愛生命。坐坐走走,多喝水,勤上廁所。青霞,Echo,女孩子還是少喝點涼的。

不抽煙,少喝酒,適當運動。燒烤真的不是什麽好東西,回頭是岸。

黨員們的黨費記得交了再走。

真的舍不得你們。。。。。。。。。

All of life is an act of letting go, but what hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye.

人生也許就是不斷地放下,然而令人痛心的是,我都沒能好好地與他們道別。

If every unfolding we experience takes us further along in life, then, we are truly experiencing what life is offering...

如果我們在人生中體驗的每一次轉變都讓我們在生活中走得更遠,那麽,我們就真正的體驗到了生活想讓我們體驗的東西。

看完這封信我感到很失落,長時間的沉默。在過去的四天時間裏,太多的東西被顛覆:責任,信念,理想,價值,讓我和很多同事一樣不知所措。直到看到這封信,我覺得是到了離開的時候了。

並非希望得到更多同情與關注,隻是希望告訴各位,HP之所以在一步一步前進著,正是因為還有這些相信HP,認同HP,熱愛HP自認為血液也變成藍色的同事們努力的結果。我們相信HP會對自己的員工負責,對自己的使命負責;我們認同HP的文化,並願意為之投入激情,並保持忠誠;我們熱愛HP因為我們知道這裏是把握機遇,創造未來的舞台。所以我一直和我的團隊說:我們是一個團隊在戰鬥,隻要我們不拋棄理想不放棄希望,我們會和HP一起實現我們的價值

除了我的團隊,在中國我們一共有一百個同事參與了TSR&D 3個產品線的10餘個產品組的開發與測試的工作。這基本上涵蓋了TS R&D所有的產品組的各個不同的崗位,其中有大量崗位的knowledge是上海團隊所獨有的。在去年和今年至今為止,中國團隊的績效也得到了多方麵的肯定和讚揚,正如某位副總裁親口承認,TS R&D在中國的各個團隊沒有任何績效的問題。中國團隊對於工作的態度在整個部門中是最積極。就在宣布消息的前一天晚上十點還有眾多同事還在公司辛勤的忙碌著。如果我們的離開能夠幫助公司優化成本,整合資源,或許我們並不會這麽無奈。在項目進行中,按地域和種族裁減掉眾多擁有多年經驗的高績效的員工,同時開始在成本更高的國家招聘新的員工,以滿足公司成長的目標。這個邏輯有點考驗我們的智商。

FY12我們被要求離開IT參與組建這個部門,所有員工必須無條件的加入,我們接受了。

FY13我們被要求盡最大努力維護團隊的穩定,不要有任何員工離職,我們做到了。

FY14我們被要求立即簽署協議離開HP,你讓我們怎麽去愛你,HP

雖然我並不保有任何幻想,在中國HP還有誰可以給我們一個合情合理的解釋和處理結果。但是這件事發生在HP,發生在中國。最為惠普公司的一名中國員工,麵對這樣一個結果。我還是感到非常的恥辱。在HP的五年我也經曆過多次動蕩和裁員,但是對於這次發生的一切,聞所未聞,見所未見。假借政策之名,行個人違紀之實的惡劣行為,卻在一個標榜社會責任,企業文化的公司暢行無阻。HP所失去的的不僅僅是即將離開的一百的同事,更是HP自身的聲譽以及眾多員工對HP的信任與忠誠。

前天看到一句話: 記住不要欺騙和傷害別人,因為能被你欺騙和傷害的人,隻有那些真正相信你和愛你的人。

人如此,公司也如此。

Regards

Kevin

Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:08 PM
To: TS RnD Team Roerden All
Subject: Fareware TS R&D

I am Kevin from shanghai site. My team have worked on PAF, IRS and MC Refresh in the past 3 years. You may know me or not, but it’s not important any more since I will leave HP with other 100 shanghai team members in the coming few weeks and these colleagues will lose their jobs and hopes from next month, Not only themselves, but also including 100 families will be hurt deeply by this decision.

Yesterday we were all shocked for the nightmarish message from the VP that Shanghai site will be closed (this is without any earlier notification). We cannot believe that the access authority to any project system has been removed in such a short time,   our engineers are still working on the daily tasks 20 minutes ago and would like to check in the code, we couldn’t  finish tasks even it is ready to go. We were also not ready to stop all the projects meetings, and discussion. All is a sudden!

In the 10 minutes all-hands meeting which includes a “non-answers” Q&A session, everything is confidential to shanghai team. Then we are forced to sign the so-called “Agreement” papers in 3 days and leave HP in the next few weeks. The girls began to cry, we stopped them: “ Don’t weep for others’ fault. We are always doing great job and never made any mistakes. The only reason of this decision is that we are Chinese and we live in China.” We know that only China site will be closed, while there’s not any impact to India, Europe and US TS  R&D. They will continue to hire more people recently.

I don’t want to complain anyone or anything here. All what I want to do is just to hope the friends here could remember us --TS RnD Shanghai team;  please don’t hesitate to say bye and thanks to our Chinese friends,  wish all the best. We are all HPer during a couple of years, which is precious and unforgettable indeed.

Last night one ex-HPSCer posted a twitter “ I was roused from sleep at 3:00 a.m. I thought I would attend a regular conference call in the morning. After a while, however, I notice I don’t need to attend this meeting any more. Then insomnia…” I believe he is not the only one who lost sleep last night. June 17th ,2014 is a special day for entire shanghai site and TS R&D. You cannot imagine that even on 16th, MC team successfully released 1403’s package and PAFers still stick on the tasks for the coming sprint demo till 10 pm. I know this is not a big issue that everyone cares about. But as a manager in China, I’d like to  say to the whole team: you really did the great works, I’m proud of you all !

I attached some photo and hope shanghai team could be remembered, sometime, somewhere…

Best Regards

Kevin

In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist; 
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist; 
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew; 
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up. 

Martin Niemoller 1945

所有跟帖: 

外企的中國員工 -HouRaymondY- 給 HouRaymondY 發送悄悄話 (200 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 02:45:09

任何雇主的關鍵字都是利潤,利潤麵前其他都是次要的,這麽基本的還需要解釋嗎。 -貓狗大戰- 給 貓狗大戰 發送悄悄話 貓狗大戰 的博客首頁 (382 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 04:37:38

這跟歧視無關。要想挽回,隻有全體中國惠普員工罷工抗爭 -呂不韋_2009- 給 呂不韋_2009 發送悄悄話 呂不韋_2009 的博客首頁 (69 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 04:49:16

童鞋,你貼那麽多遍想幹啥?這裏沒人有辦法的。 -鳳姐虎弟- 給 鳳姐虎弟 發送悄悄話 鳳姐虎弟 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 08:18:34

習總歐巴也沒轍。 -鳳姐虎弟- 給 鳳姐虎弟 發送悄悄話 鳳姐虎弟 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 08:21:56

都六十的人了,嘴還這麽碎。不知道怎麽被教育和教育別人。真替你著急。 -mashu007- 給 mashu007 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 02:54:37

跟進 -happycow222- 給 happycow222 發送悄悄話 (1 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 08:24:41

外國公司的裁員不都這樣嗎? 以為是國企呢?!工作不是自己的,還真以為可以在別人的公司追尋自己的夢想啊 -簡妮貓貓- 給 簡妮貓貓 發送悄悄話 簡妮貓貓 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/16/2014 postreply 23:50:43

你說得來國企好象從來沒有過大裁員似的,也對,人那叫“下崗”,不是裁員 -37210- 給 37210 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2014 postreply 15:57:10

中國人最大的問題就是自以為是,除了冷嘲熱諷,就是各掃門前雪。到了海外,更覺得自己是另類。怪不得在美利堅還被別人鄙視。我支持蛇蠍子 -mashu007- 給 mashu007 發送悄悄話 (232 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 02:48:13

我就在HP工作,所有的人,這裏,無論來自那個國家,都對有勇氣去抗爭的人表示尊敬和支持 -mashu007- 給 mashu007 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 02:51:32

支持你,支持中國人,支持為了不平去抗爭的人。我幫你繼續發。 -mashu007- 給 mashu007 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 02:57:43

在各個國家地區,隻裁中國人的話, 是能夠成歧視。 -emplid- 給 emplid 發送悄悄話 emplid 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2014 postreply 06:58:12

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”