how would that not help anyone?

來源: Philosophied 2013-10-11 13:31:17 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2105 bytes)
回答: But how would that help anybody?朱珠兒2013-10-11 06:19:50
A disclaimer first: I hopped on the bandwagon of "Lean out/back" when her book first came out, so I am no doubtly biased :-). Therefore, take what I said below with a big grain of salt please or just ignore it.
Before we get into whether it would help anyone, I would like to say that if it's true that her connections with "the movers and shakers" of the industry put her where she is, then it needs to be acknowledged. Truth matters. Truth needs to be respected. When she decided to only cover the leadership traits that made her look good, and skip the one critical factor, she made the decision to not be completely honest and forthcoming with us. That's the part that bothered me the most.
Now going back to whether telling the whole truth would help us as a general public. I think it would. It would tell ppl who aspire to climb the ladder that they may want to pay close attention to building meaningful relationships at workplace with decision makers where mutual understanding and trust is established, and this trust can go a long way in the business world as it is in her case. Someone told me very recently, after a shakeup in the leadership circle of where I work, that at the top of the ladder, sometimes it's not the capability or skill set that determins who gets the top job (because at that level, every candidate is capable in their own way), rather it's chemistry. The chemistry a candidate has with the big boss that makes the difference in the end. This chemistry usually comes from a relationship that a candidate has with the top boss that gives the boss the confidence that they two will be narurally on the same wavelength.
On the other hand, I also agree with you that her book is inspiring and helpful for lots of people, especially women. I don't doubt that. But I am holding her to a higher standard since she is a public figure. Her words and actions have large impact on the society as a whole. I know I'm overly critical of her :-) - guilty as charged :-)
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”