Interview and feedback with a CPA firm

來源: 靈貓兒 2012-04-20 09:02:22 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2620 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 靈貓兒 ] 在 2012-04-22 09:12:12 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

I had an interview for a position of entry level auditor with a big CPA firm last Friday, as I passed the CPA exam last year and I want to work in a CPA firm, so I will be a CPA. It seems like that the auditing partner liked me a lot, he told me that I am highly qualified, and I would grow into a manager position after one year...he even asked me when I could start. Then I was also interviewed with two other senior auditing managers. They are also interested at my background and experience. (I have MBA in finance, and passed the CPA exam, and have 5 years progressive accounting experience)

BTW, I was invited to have lunch with the auditing team(including one of the senior auditing manager) before the interview, I was a little bit uncomfortable during the lunch, as the team members are all white, they were not very friendly, did not talk to me at all, and they enjoyed talking about movies and TV shows which i have never seen before, and then the managers got involved into their discussion after he talked to me for a few minutes, and then nobody seemed aware that I was there to have lunch with them. What a culture difference!

After the interview, I did send out thank you notes, and even got response from one of the auditing manager, and I thought that I might have hope there.

Anyway, I got the feedback yesterday afternoon; HR told me that they will not give me an offer as it is timing and not having enough room at my level…

My gut feeling is maybe the white team does not like a native Chinese girl to join them!! What do you think?

To be honest, I don't want to work with the unfriendly team either!!

所有跟帖: 

Are you at eastcoast? -liveinca- 給 liveinca 發送悄悄話 liveinca 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/20/2012 postreply 10:12:18

CA -靈貓兒- 給 靈貓兒 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/20/2012 postreply 11:25:21

They are not nice at all, dont work with them. -liveinca- 給 liveinca 發送悄悄話 liveinca 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/20/2012 postreply 12:24:14

在吃飯的時候,你沒有主動的融入他們的談話。你進去之後,也無法融入的。 -szs11- 給 szs11 發送悄悄話 szs11 的博客首頁 (162 bytes) () 04/21/2012 postreply 18:24:02

fit in 是最重要的一條. -星星- 給 星星 發送悄悄話 星星 的博客首頁 (44 bytes) () 04/22/2012 postreply 18:12:19

對的,如果人家沒有給你融入的空間,排斥你,怎麽主動,都無用!fortunately, there are a lot of be -靈貓兒- 給 靈貓兒 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/22/2012 postreply 21:05:39

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”