Ignore me if you feel offended.

來源: ffppyy 2012-04-01 16:56:07 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2011 bytes)
回答: I agree with you with everything!expectingMM2012-04-01 15:45:15

Just want to help after reading some of your previous posts.

It gives me the impression that you care the code and the quality too much. It is a good thing since it shows your motivation. It shows you want to get better. On the other hand, put side the code and the technical parts for a monent. Think about the bigger picture. Put your thoughts on products, on software methodologies, or on even bigger picture, like the business, the industry. You may find that although code quality is important and you feel happy to deliever products of good quality, in some scenarios a product of 70% good quality can generate almost the same business benefits as a product of 90% good quality. In that case, it doesn't make sense to put more resources to improve it from 70% to 90%, which may very well double the efforts.

With a bigger picture in mind, you might get a more balanced view. Of course it needs time and experience to get that view. You are having a good start, since you care. It makes you a little emotional, which is a double-edged sword. It pushes you forward, but being emotional is a career killer. Now you need to care less, relax, and think bigger. You can do much better with being less emotional.

Since you show your motivation, your passion, I think your current working environment does no good on your career. I don't know how good you are technically now (not mean to doubt your ability. just mention a fact). But I recommend you work with really good engineers and work with a good managers. You can improve a lot by working with good engineers, by understanding their design and reading their code. A good manager will show you how to handle complicated working scenarios, how to handle conflicts, how to talk with non-technical people. It doesn't matter if you want to become a manager in the future. These non-tech skills help to keep a positive work relationship in the office, which helps to make you work more efficient and feel happy back at home. 

所有跟帖: 

Thank you so much! -expectingMM- 給 expectingMM 發送悄悄話 (47 bytes) () 04/01/2012 postreply 21:05:32

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”