ZT:發給espn的一封信

來源: 豐台大營 2012-02-18 16:29:15 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1710 bytes)
背景:本周六,ESPN在其網站的頭條上竟然出現“CHINK IN THE ARMOR”的大幅標題來評論林書豪的表現。對此,ESPN輕描淡寫地發了個道歉。

這是我剛剛發給ESPN的信。要求開除製造此事件的人。唯有這樣,才能使類似事件不再發生。

現在的通訊技術太好了,發一封信是一件極其簡單的事情。花5分鍾的時間,為保護我們這個社會的公平正義作出你的貢獻。

地址:JOHN.KOSNER@ESPN.com; ESPNPR@ESPN.COM

=============================================================

Subject Line: Action is louder than words. Request of action for your headline racial slur.

Dear Mr. Kosner,

As a member of the Chinese-American community, I am appalled by the racial slur appeared on your headline. I am appalled because such an racial remark came from a world wide renowned organization such as ESPN, on a land founded on the pillarstone of justice and equality, in this 21st Century after more than a hundred years of the Civil Rights act, and in such an audacious and blatant manner as a Headline.

To me, this is not only a racial slur which damages the Chinese-American community, but also an open challenge to our founding fathers' effort to establish this nation as a land of "Justice and Equality".

I understand you have issued an apology. In my mind, this measure is far less than what is needed to recover the damage it has caused. I respecfully request you to remove those from their posts who have directly involved and caused this to happen. This action is not only show your seriousness about zero-tolerance on racial bias but also a solid measure to prevent future happening of similar event.

I, along with millions of Chinese-Americans, look forward to your prompt action in this matter.Thank you in advance!

所有跟帖: 

這ESPN也太欺負人了! -湘西山民- 給 湘西山民 發送悄悄話 (72 bytes) () 02/18/2012 postreply 16:41:23

寫得好! -林卡- 給 林卡 發送悄悄話 (96 bytes) () 02/18/2012 postreply 19:01:28

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標