謝謝老土老師這麽多誠懇地建議

來源: 蔓麗 2012-01-13 08:57:28 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4524 bytes)

Sorry, I have to type Eglish here. I lost my job last Feb, still look for opportunities. I was not prepared to stay home for so long even though I understood the current job market situation. Got my MBA in US (not top 30 B-school though), 10 years of experience in product marketing/management in hi-tech industry. Took 6 months last year to get myself PMP certified (Project Management Professional), back to job market in last Sept, had a few on-site interviews, but haven't got job offer yet. 

-- Wish you get an offer soon.

----Thank you.

Live in a bank town in Southeast, trying to get a project manager position in one of the banks in town. But without financial industry experience, only got one on-site interview, the salary range was about what I earned 5 years ago, still didn't get the job. 

-- Even you have a PMP, the job lack of hard skills, therefore, for this kind of 招招呼呼的 job, 東家would rather hire somebody who knew the bank inernal prcess better, so she can manager the process better.

----I would agree. What skills will be considered as hard skills for MBA with engineering background based on your experience.Any recommendations

If I want to stay with the hi-tech industry, I have to move to west coast such as San Jose, SF areas. I am too scared of the living expenses there. In the area we are living, we can have a decent life style with $100k income. (My hu*****and had to take a job out of town last year because we do at least need one person work to support the family)

-- How do you know you can get offer at San Jose? Just guess by yorself?

----I worked in semiconduct/customer electronics and telecommunication industries in the past ten years. My previous company's headquarter is in SJ. I've been many job openning in SJ and SF areas.But not sure if they are willing to pay for relocation with the current economy situation

Should I try to look for opportunities in west coast? Any suggestions on how to get into finance or IT industry as a project manager?

-- 電視劇"愛情密碼"說: 沒有牛奶和麵包,理想就是臭狗屎.
-- Try whatever city you can to get a decent job offer, if relocation is not a problem.

----Whereever I move, I have to think about if my hu*****and will be able to find a job. He is a mechnical engineer in automotive industry

-- I have a student who has a MBA, come take my class at Nov. 9, get offer before Christmas. She has longer gap than you do.
-- How can she find job: becasue she picked up highly martable hard skill, and she know well of how to talk...

-- With your MBA, you have advantage than most of us, try to enlarge your strong point and reduce your weakness, change to a more marketable direction than PMP, you will be in a better shape.
-- Alwasy miss your talk in the weekly meeting, come join and talk to us next week when you have time. I will share with you more details about living in San Jose area. There are many Chinese in here...

----Thanks for the encouragement. I really need somebody like you to give me some guidelines on how to enlarge my strong points and reduce my weaknesses. Kind of feel like I am in a "blind zone" now. Will try to participate next week's meeti

所有跟帖: 

You are most welcome! -美國老土- 給 美國老土 發送悄悄話 美國老土 的博客首頁 (152 bytes) () 01/13/2012 postreply 12:37:15

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”