Harvard Mentor - Diversity 2

來源: 我有1個夢想 2011-06-09 08:39:04 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2867 bytes)
工作中的多樣化分歧例子:
摘自Harvard Mentor

"I feel like a token." Some black managers suspect that whites can't see past blacks' skin color. For instance, at a management retreat, a newly hired African American VP of strategic planning meets key decision makers. They express no interest in her business expertise. Instead, they ask her to head up the company's new diversity committee.

"I feel marginalized." Racial minorities and women often feel relegated to the sidelines during important business discussions. For instance, during a strategy meeting, Manuela, a department head, offers a suggestion for implementing a new competitive strategy. The room is quiet until a white male manager echoes Manuela's idea. The CEO then expresses interest in the idea. Concluding that others aren't willing to hear her thoughts, Manuela declines to contribute during future meetings.

"I feel I have to work harder to demonstrate my worth." Managers who are members of the numerical majority can define expectations for others that feel demeaning or unreasonably stringent. To illustrate, when the leader of a small team comprising employees with college degrees hires several qualified people who have only a high school education, her boss begins requesting progress reports from these new hires that he'd never required before. The message? "I expect your team's performance to drop because of the new staff with less education." Though the newly configured team performs well, the director feels worn out by the pressure to constantly defend her employees' worth through meaningless reports. The following year, she accepts a position at a competing firm.

"I don't fully trust you." Sometimes members of the numerical minority doubt that their majority-member colleagues will support them if they make a mistake. So they avoid taking risks. A case in point: After several drinks at a business dinner, Carla complains to Anton, her new colleague, that "homosexuals are always advocating their agenda." Anton is gay but has not told Carla about his sexual orientation. He decides to keep his distance from Carla—which hampers collaboration between their two departments.

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • Harvard Mentor - Diversity 1
  • 所有跟帖: 

太雞凍了,看見親人了! -一人有一個夢想- 給 一人有一個夢想 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/09/2011 postreply 19:33:19

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”