Beg to differ...

來源: xyxb 2011-05-07 08:24:00 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2984 bytes)

1. There is a reason why the original poster is where she is at: a working ABD with lots of extra curriculum activities, and that reason is: She is a very capable lady who has always thrived on challenges, and will continue to do so, regardless of what you or I have to say here.

2. Why the dilemma, then?  What dilemma?  There is none.  She asked for suggestions for getting out of a make-believe dilemma that did not exist, not even in the original poster's mind.  Then, why did she post what she posted?  That, pardon me for saying so, is a question best left to a psychologist/psychiatrist.

3. Take-away from this rather-well-dug "hole": Hers, if we can call it a dilemma at all, is one many would give their firstborn to get into.  Put another way, say what you want, the original poster is happy enough where she is, and we all will be better off if we just leave her alone enjoying her happiness quietly.

Now, allow me also to say a few words about your suggestions:

a) Sure, job performance is important, but dissertation and publications are certainly not useless or can be muddled through with sloppy scholarship. 

b) Lubricating coauthors/former professors? I thought the other way around is more appropriate, unless/until you make more than the parties you are trying to lubricate.

c) Delegating/deputizing is laudable, but then, to many, power (including perceived power) is addictive (and therefore, hard to part or give up).  A more desirable, if not always practical, way-out is: Assert your leadership role, set clear expectations, and expect better results.

所有跟帖: 

謝謝,我想我需要的正是: -小謀- 給 小謀 發送悄悄話 小謀 的博客首頁 (84 bytes) () 05/07/2011 postreply 08:44:42

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”