I already got my GC in August, I don't need sponsorship

回答: I think you run a risk of losing the offerEasy.Spin2010-10-01 21:06:04

I totally agree with you that it is an emotional decision, not a rational one. That's the reason I post here to run by you guys.

I hope that I already explained clearly in my post that i am willing to take a loss (thousands bucks) in my first year since the base increase will offset my other losses. Also, it will forgo the merit increase for CY2011.

But, $14,000 AT payback is just too big for me to swallow. Worst case scenario, I will wait for another two years to apply for any position there since it is the only company with a reasonable commute beyond my current employer. But my concern is that will they consider me in the future if we couldn't make a deal this time. So I am seeking for help to engage them and help me out with the GC payback.

Also, how much normally cushion the employer leave when they make the initial offer? Normally they will expect the counter offer and they will not give you the highest one.

Thanks.

所有跟帖: 

Dangerous idea about salary negotiation -Easy.Spin- 給 Easy.Spin 發送悄悄話 Easy.Spin 的博客首頁 (1473 bytes) () 10/02/2010 postreply 07:21:14

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!