我說兩句

來源: vax785 2010-07-23 20:04:38 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2177 bytes)
Sorry it's so hard to type Chinese, I have to write in English.

I'd say, take the advice of 詐和, he knows the situation in GTA and that's good suggestion. Others are all warm-hearted and want to help, that's good; but they don't quite understand the situation about Regina and GTA.

I live in GTA and work in GTA for many years. The chance of somebody from Regina to find work in GTA is next to nothing. Why? There are too many people looking for work from GTA now. Stay here, you'll have your chance.

I sense you're also looking for work in IT area. Things are improving quite a bit recently, there are certainly more jobs on the market now. Trust yourself, there's only half a step between on-site interview and job offer. You're doing great with all those telephone interviews and on-site interviews. You're almost there, stay there, stay for the last half step.

I fully understand what you're experiencing. I started looking from last October, it's only until last month (June) I could find a position, a very good position. Things started to change from end of May. From the last week of May to start of June, there were certainly many interview opportunities. For about 2 weeks, I went to interviews almost everyday, sometimes twice a day. After I got the first offer, I got 2 other offers, and I had to cancel a few scheduled interviews. So, keep your head high, you're almost there.

Another comment I'd make is that you can always reschedule to avoid interview time conflict. These days people are very reasonable and accommodating, ask them and they will reschedule. Please do ask.

Again, it's still hard to find good people by the employers. If you're strong and good, you can always find something. During interview, try to talk more, if nobody stops you, pick up one of your most successful projects you did before and keep taking about it; just keep bragging about it and yourself. If you don't know how, write down all the things you did in 5 pages, and remember them.

Last, hang on there, my friend, hang on in GTA, believe in yourself, you're almost there.

Shake hands and best of luck.

所有跟帖: 

回複:我說兩句 -sillyone- 給 sillyone 發送悄悄話 (146 bytes) () 07/23/2010 postreply 20:31:21

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!