Question, cordially seeking advice.

來源: Cathy_Bay 2010-07-15 05:33:57 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2014 bytes)
yesterday, I found out sr. director has scheduled a next-year plannaing meeting next week.Almost everyone is on the invitation list except me. exactly teh same thing as last year. I ahve several options here to deal with it:

1. talk with my boss when he gets back, let him know that I should be in the meeting since I am leading a part in that program. Although most of the work is completed, not much to do next year, if they have issues relevant to that piece, I am the right person to address it. And then as a side track, continue to express my frustration with sr. director. teh drawback here is that it may only increase my boss' tension. He is fighting with sr. director. But this may nto be the right armour for him to use and can only give him more frustration. this is what I did last year. the effect was the complaint escalated to big boss and from some channel I learned that this may have saved me from losing my job during lay-off. not sure whether it is real though. One card I can play now is that since I have discovered some serious issues in that program, this "unvitation" signals as distrust or even retaliation. is this the time to play this card? I know that is an overkill, just for the fun of it. any ideas here?

2. In a relevant group meeting, let my freiend bring this up. Ask sr. director why there should be another meeting when the planning can be discussed at the group meeting. then I can observe what happens and see if I should ask "innocently" "there is a planning meeting? How come I don't know about it?"

3. Sr. director obviously does nto want me to get too close to his territory since he may lose it if I get a chance to show my capability there. Also he does nto liek me anyway and vice versa. At the moment, I probably should just keep quiet and let it go. Wait for my own opportunities. then again, there is no guarantee that any opportunities coming from my buket will not be taken away.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

所有跟帖: 

Do you type like this at work as well? -:-}- 給 :-} 發送悄悄話 :-} 的博客首頁 (53 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 05:58:23

回複:Question, cordially seeking advice. -跳蚤- 給 跳蚤 發送悄悄話 跳蚤 的博客首頁 (103 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 05:59:09

to increase impact. -cathy_Bay- 給 cathy_Bay 發送悄悄話 cathy_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 06:54:41

妹妹俺覺得你吧向上的心是有的, -豬啊豬- 給 豬啊豬 發送悄悄話 豬啊豬 的博客首頁 (26 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 07:33:55

How to be get 皮厚?? -Cathy_Bay- 給 Cathy_Bay 發送悄悄話 Cathy_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 10:52:22

4. tell him directly that you should be invited. -:-}- 給 :-} 發送悄悄話 :-} 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 06:00:22

tried this before -Cathy_Bay- 給 Cathy_Bay 發送悄悄話 Cathy_Bay 的博客首頁 (86 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 06:56:32

那就多提醒提醒。。 -豬啊豬- 給 豬啊豬 發送悄悄話 豬啊豬 的博客首頁 (38 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 07:25:01

If I were you, I would write to the sr. director myself, -Guendawen- 給 Guendawen 發送悄悄話 (774 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 09:55:51

great advice. Thank you very much. -cathy_Bay- 給 cathy_Bay 發送悄悄話 cathy_Bay 的博客首頁 (104 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 10:48:20

EMAIL SR. DIRECTOR -真絲馬甲- 給 真絲馬甲 發送悄悄話 (240 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 10:30:28

hahaha. This scenarion happened before -Cathy_Bay- 給 Cathy_Bay 發送悄悄話 Cathy_Bay 的博客首頁 (238 bytes) () 07/15/2010 postreply 10:51:22

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”