回複:求助關於interview seminar, 第一次.

來源: Kaolin007 2010-04-07 19:31:21 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1476 bytes)
This presentation will decide your fate for this interview. It's very very very important.

The requests from the head and HR are the same thing, from different angles:

"Keep the talk heavy with synthesis" specifies your major content in presentation.

"want to tell a story" - better prepare examples where you had innovative ideas or new approaches, and then carried through with experiments, and finally accomplished well at end (publishing papers or patent,rewards, etc.). Interview panel will judge the quality of your research work and the characters of you during these examples.

"want to be able to answer questions" - your communication skills. if you could say something like "very good question!" then during explanation mention the person's name, "Dr. XXX's question is good at xxxx", which will give people excellent impression. (just one example)

"what you could contribute to CDRD" - read something about this company/organization. See how you can contribute to them, especially from the job deion. maybe just repeat exact wording in the job deion, saying "i can do XXX, I can make XXX happen, my XXX skills can make contribution right away, etc. etc.

Don't focus the presentation on you (either postdoc or work experience does not matter). You should focus on the scientific aspect of your work, and your quality and personality which will fit in the company and contribute right away.

Good luck

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:求助關於interview seminar, 第一次. -醜轉乾坤- 給 醜轉乾坤 發送悄悄話 醜轉乾坤 的博客首頁 (5 bytes) () 04/07/2010 postreply 21:04:50

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!