I have the same experience with my current manager

來源: fear_of_lose 2010-02-27 17:44:20 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2769 bytes)
But I fixed it. Now my relationship with him is pretty good.

I got a very bad evaluation from my new boss, no raise. I also work very hard, warm and easy going. I of course thought my evaluation was unfair and I had this bitter sour feeling in my heart, for months. Every day, my new boss picked on me and said I did this wrong today, I did that wrong today. All he said was small things I did wrong. I was furious. That is why I started looking for a new job.
There was tention between me and my new boss till a month ago. Then, he told me the he thought I was improving at those aspects that he criticized before. Which was true. On one hand I was very angry and I thought he picked on me on purpose, on the other hand, I tried very very hard to improve myself. Because even though he picked on small things I did wrong, but I know that correcting those small mistakes would do me own good in the end.
Since then the tension between me and my new boss is decreasing. Then another thing happens. I gave my new boss a very bad nickname and somebody told him about it a couple of weeks ago. I thought he would find this chance to fire me or give me a hard time. But he laughed so much at his nickname and he must have thought I was very funny. After a big laugh (he may even laugh to tears), he told me that he forgave me about this new nickname and he knew that I don't have a bad intention to him. And he told me that even if I had a bad intention to him, he still forgave me.
I feel very surprised, embarrassed and ashamed.
From that moment, my view to him changed. He may pick on me on purpose, or he really wanted to point out my mistake to help me realize it, it doesn't matter any more. Because I think he is a good guy (because he could even forgave some people offending him like that), and he did want me to improve myself. Imaging he spent time calling me into his office to criticise me while he was very busy with other things, I think if he thinks that I am hopeless, he wouldn't have wasted his time on me. If he had a bad intention to me, he could really have found that nickname incident to fire my ass.
Now I grew a deep respect for him and my bitter sour attitude to him was 100% gone. And he may notice it also. Anyway our relationship is in harmony now.
sister, I would just that you try to work hard on those issues he criticized you in your evaluation form. If those were true, then improving them will do your own good in the end. The next thing is to be humble. If you can do both these two things, I think there is a high chance that your manager's view to you may have a drastic change. If his view doesn't change, then at least you did good things for yourself and you will perform better on your next job.

所有跟帖: 

what is the nickname you gave to your boss? -世界無童話- 給 世界無童話 發送悄悄話 世界無童話 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2010 postreply 18:06:21

同問,好奇 -:-}- 給 :-} 發送悄悄話 :-} 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2010 postreply 18:53:51

it is a nickname that you can only give it -fear_of_lose- 給 fear_of_lose 發送悄悄話 (415 bytes) () 02/28/2010 postreply 19:27:12

這才叫聰明。 -:-}- 給 :-} 發送悄悄話 :-} 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2010 postreply 18:53:10

Great story. Thank you for sharing. -Easy.Spin- 給 Easy.Spin 發送悄悄話 Easy.Spin 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2010 postreply 20:05:05

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”