站著說話不腰疼? 飽漢不知餓漢饑?

來源: 不撅也行 2010-01-02 09:39:40 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (978 bytes)
Years ago, my academic advisor left academics for a higher-paying administrative position at a different institution. A bachelor and an aspiring scholar back then, I did not quite appreciate the extraordinary appeals of the green stuff, and my naïveté led me to openly question my advisor's career move at her send-off party. My advisor, always her savvy and diplomatic self, just smiled her knowing smile without offering even a half-hearty comment. Minutes later, another professor and a trusty friend of my advisor's whispered into my ears: Nobody will blame you if you don't understand now, but you will (understand) in ten years.

Now I am a father of two with all kinds of pressing bills to pay, not to mention future bills (the kids' education, for one), I certainly have a better appreciation of my advisor's career choice, which, I should probably add, does not necessarily mean that, placed in her shoes, I myself would have made the same decision.

所有跟帖: 

借助古狗的幫助, 似懂非懂地看明白了.這更堅定了我從政的決定. -小謀- 給 小謀 發送悄悄話 小謀 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2010 postreply 09:45:24

不知道你英文太好,還是我英文太差,看了費勁 -豬胖子- 給 豬胖子 發送悄悄話 豬胖子 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2010 postreply 18:45:14

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”