Should I ask for a promotion?

來源: newberrys 2009-12-05 08:37:06 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1641 bytes)
A little background info first: I have been working for the company for just over a year. The boss who hired me left the company two months ago (before my anniversary) and the new boss came two weeks after. Most of the people in my dept got promoted to senior position after one-year’s service. I was told during before hired they could do my evaluation after 6 months, they didn’t and I didn’t ask. Now it’s my anniversary, but nobody has mentioned my anniversary evaluation. If I don’t bring up the topic or get the promotion, I will be one of the very few people who don’t get promoted after one year, and I don’t believe I deserve that.

In addition to the above, my arguments for the promotion are I am not only doing everything my predecessor does but lots of stuff he didn’t. And he was a senior, of course.

My concerns are the timing for asking a promotion. The economy and job market are bad, and my company is not doing so well especially during the recent two months. During a recent layoff I was luck enough being kept (one out of 3 people had to go). Another catch is a project I am responsible for doesn’t go as well as expected for reasons not totally under my control.

I feel I should at least ask the possibility. I’ve scheduled a meeting with the big boss (he is the one who made the decision keeping during the layoff, and my immediate boss has not been here long enough) but now I am not sure what to talk to him about. The bottom line is I don’t want to sound negative and I want to know where I am standing for, promotion speaking.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”