Why use database at all if you don't access table...

來源: oneusdollar 2009-10-18 10:44:27 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1873 bytes)
"i assume u don't have access to datatable, right?"

What you said here doesn't make any sense to me.

The definition of relational database is table. Everything you cana find is in table.

Why using database at all if you don't access tables? one major reason (99% of time for us) to use database is to persist data. If we don't change any info, we just use Java properties file.

All of our projects are database driven meaning they have to access tables for select/update/delete/insert operation.

Security can be built into Java Code with Spring framework (or other frameworks). We hanlde security via LDAP (with/without Oracle tables).

Even auditing can be done by pure Java code (i.e. via Spring Framework).

For Oracle database, DBAs have a lot of tools to tune it up (one of their daily tasks).

If you have a lot of SPs, you will have portabilty problem if you decide to move to different database, for example, from SQL server to Oracle.

What I am trying to say here is that STORED PROCEDURES can be elimited completely, but noboby prevents you from using them. There are good things and bad things about SPs (same things if you use pure Java or C#.net, or whatever). Our large project is really large and complex (dealing with millions of customer, and being used by 100+ deparments) without using a single SP.

As developer, I don't need SP at all if I don't want to. I don't care that DBA and data architect use SPs or not.

We have a very very large system doesn't use relational database at all, so the concepts of SQL and SP don't exist. It is faster than any systems using Oracle, and it can do anything the other system can. The season why we also use Oracle database is something else.

Just open your eyes, you will find the world without SPs is not that bad at all.

所有跟帖: 

excellent point, thank you for sharing! -HappyNow?!- 給 HappyNow?! 發送悄悄話 HappyNow?! 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/18/2009 postreply 10:54:38

r u talking about BEST practice? -撅著挺好- 給 撅著挺好 發送悄悄話 (1698 bytes) () 10/18/2009 postreply 16:00:07

accessing data table means access its schame.... -撅著挺好- 給 撅著挺好 發送悄悄話 (72 bytes) () 10/18/2009 postreply 17:07:37

回複:accessing data table means access its schame.... -海闊天空33- 給 海闊天空33 發送悄悄話 (708 bytes) () 10/18/2009 postreply 20:03:46

The worst thing in industry is.... -撅著挺好- 給 撅著挺好 發送悄悄話 (783 bytes) () 10/18/2009 postreply 21:20:36

I had the same feeling: the old day was the -HappyNow?!- 給 HappyNow?! 發送悄悄話 HappyNow?! 的博客首頁 (44 bytes) () 10/19/2009 postreply 10:42:04

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”