The dialect of SQL supported by Microsoft SQL Server 2000 is cal

回答: 回複:can pl/sql be used with sql server?qiubao22009-10-12 09:59:29

SQL (Structured Query Language) - a specialized programming language for sending queries to databases. SQL is a data retrieval and manipulation language used to communicate with the Oracle database

PL/SQL extends SQL by adding constructs found in procedural languages, resulting in a structural language that is more powerful than SQL. The basic unit in PL/SQL is a block. All PL/SQL programs are made up of blocks, which can be nested within each other.

SQL*Plus is a command line SQL and PL/SQL language interface and reporting tool that ships with the Oracle Database Client and Server software. It can be used interactively or driven from scripts. SQL*Plus is frequently used by DBAs and Developers to interact with the Oracle database.
SQL Server may refer to:
· Any database server that implements the Structured Query Language
· Microsoft SQL Server, a specific implementation of a relational database server from Microsoft
· Sybase SQL Server, a relational database server developed by Sybase
· SQL Server (magazine), a trade publication and web site owned by Penton Media

T-SQL vs PL/SQL
The dialect of SQL supported by Microsoft SQL Server 2000 is called Transact-SQL (T-SQL). The dialect of SQL supported by Oracle 9i Database is called PL/SQL. PL/SQL is more powerful language than T-SQL. This is the brief comparison of PL/SQL and T-SQL:

The most commonly asked question is, "Is there a tool that I can use, to translate my PL/SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers and functions into T-SQL?" Sadly, the answer is No. There is no magic tool that can convert all your PL/SQL code to T-SQL. Even if such a tool exists, I can guarantee that it will not work in all situations. So, migrating or porting your PL/SQL code to T-SQL is a painfully manual process.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!