Hope this is helpful for you!

來源: jobseeker0 2009-09-04 11:51:48 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2248 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ jobseeker0 ] 在 2009-09-04 12:02:32 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
Just got a oral offer and was told will get the formal offer next week.
Very excited and hope my experiences be useful to other jobseekers.
1)This is website that gave me bounch of courage and ideas during this job finding procedure. Special thanks to Laotu and Happy now? from that DBA mom.(daily baby administrator for 6 and half years)
2)Never give up. God prepared the best on your way. One door closed, he opened another door for you.
I got a wired DBA job in May and quited in July. Continue to find the right one. Believe in you have your value.
3)Send out your apllications as much as you can. I only sent resume when I feel I match 90% of the requirments. One friend told me 20% match is ok. I didn't believe him at first. But tried. This new job requires Oracle,SQL server 2005 and Sybase ASE. Sybase job takes 80% totally. I don't have sybase working experience but a trainning. They still decided to hire me.
So, try to send out your resume. You never know what the hiring manager really wants. Nobody know you if you don't send out your resume.
4) Polish your knowlege everyday. Eventually, your hard work will be paid off.
5) Be confident and positive. Personalities is also very important. Be a good listener and ask some questions that can show your interests. Never complain what happened is unfair to you. Show them how you solved the problems.
6)Technically won't go too deep.(I might be wrong.)The interview I had with 5 guys lasting 5 hours including lunch time.
They didn't dig me out the details but instead rough maps such as what you did, what way you used instead of which function can do. One indian guy is a little bit tough.
7) It's easier for Asian ladies to get a job.(I guess).
We are dilligent and don't have much threaten to those guys.

This is what I can think now. Special encourages to Moms who have many years gap on your career. Keep looking around. We are responsible moms. It's not our fault to have gap. People really don't mind it if you have a way showing them you are updated with newly technologies.

Hope this is helpful and many thanks and best wishes to you all! I will continue using this website as a guide to keep my new job health.

所有跟帖: 

祝賀! This is very helpful for us! 開放思想大膽送,對方要你你就中. -美國老土- 給 美國老土 發送悄悄話 美國老土 的博客首頁 (152 bytes) () 09/04/2009 postreply 12:07:46

oh, wow! me? one your list! xie xie! -HappyNow?!- 給 HappyNow?! 發送悄悄話 HappyNow?! 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2009 postreply 12:17:14

回複:oh, wow! me? one your list! xie xie! -jobseeker0- 給 jobseeker0 發送悄悄話 (383 bytes) () 09/04/2009 postreply 14:34:01

yes, I do remember, thanks mom, dba then and now -HappyNow?!- 給 HappyNow?! 發送悄悄話 HappyNow?! 的博客首頁 (72 bytes) () 09/04/2009 postreply 14:42:56

恭喜, 恭喜!找工作的同學們加油啊。 -平凡小事- 給 平凡小事 發送悄悄話 平凡小事 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/04/2009 postreply 12:17:18

恭喜! -5816- 給 5816 發送悄悄話 (106 bytes) () 09/04/2009 postreply 23:41:04

回複:恭喜! -jobseeker0- 給 jobseeker0 發送悄悄話 (156 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 05:32:06

多謝分享! -5816- 給 5816 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 21:21:21

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”