這段日子會很特別, 親密愛人要鼓勵, 朋友多關懷

來源: deadRiver 2009-06-01 13:56:05 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2290 bytes)
Be confident in yourself.

五年後, when you look back, you will feel so relaxed, & happy. This layoff could be really a good thing.

My own story:

- on 2001.11.27 morning, the manager suddenly told me the project was canceled and my job was then terminated.

- 6 hours later, i drove my pregnant wife to Hindsdale hospital, 7 hours later, we got our first beloved baby... H1B holder, wife with H4.

- that 2001 winter was so cold.
the heart was frozen.
any solution was frozen too.
No way in front of us.
Don't know about what and where the tomorrow is
"彷徨" + 悲涼 + 憤怒 for days.
baby daughter is my God, making me happy and not scared at all.
I was very confident in myself about design and coding, just hating something i didn't know what it really is.

- had to sell the new car (6 months old, 4000miles) within weeks, CarMax gave me about 70% of the value... left the place/country when my baby was 2 months old.

- wife didn't blame me and didn't even ask what happened,
about 10 friends/couples visited us and helped us.
my new baby powered me up.
No any bit of thinking about school, i must get a job to feed the baby. No school, though i only have bachelor degree.

- In 2002.3, i learned from the former co-workers that the project was not cancelled, the manager just gave my position to a local american - a nice white american engineer with 2 kids who had no pay for about 2 months. i ignored this after 5 minutes thinking, because of no time, no money, no power, no evidence to sue anybody.

in 2002.5, i got a formal job offer (very good at that season) from company A; another 7-hour interview with company B ( a top company in the industry) was good, and was explicitly indicated i would be receiving the offer soon.

in 2002.6 received the formal offer after many verification and background check, relocated to a beautiful city for a B company

...... things were getting good quickly ......

wife and i both started to have a job over 100k soon. got a few patents. now my daughter is finishing 2nd grade, my son is smiling everyday.

Looking back, it's the layoff that put me on this pretty good track.

所有跟帖: 

感謝關懷, 好人一路平安 -我邊走邊問- 給 我邊走邊問 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/01/2009 postreply 21:40:59

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”